Release

"We choose to heal and we choose to move forward by being brave and vulnerable enough to heal"
-Desmond Tutu

I've been at this rehab farm for over a week now and the drugs are out my system. I know this because of the blood test they did on me.  It's funny no one cares I'm a princess here they're too busy struggling to get well or to leave. I want to write a diary but I know if someone get their hands on it they may sell it to the newspapers.  Rehab is full of desperate people who will do anything for a fix.

My problem is I need to talk about everything it's not just about feeling unloved or unwanted. It's about saying this is what my mother has been doing to me. I truly want to open up but can I trust the counselling sessions information won't be in the papers.

I wake up, have a shower and brush my teeth I choose jeans and a tank top with wellies to wear while doing my chores. There's a knock on my door I open it to see Martha the person in charge of my care while I'm here. She was in her thirties with jet black hair. She wore glasses but her blue-green eyes was still as her best feature.

"It's time to start your chores while you're here".   I make to follow her but stop I figured I had nothing to lose.

"Martha can I ask you a question?"

"Sure what is it?"

"Is my counselling sessions completely private I mean is it just between me and the person I'm speaking to?"

Martha looks at me,  "You want to know how honest you can be", I nod.

"There's a confidently clause in place when you come here plus the palace had the staff sign a NDA.

"So I can trust my psychologist not to talk to other people about our sessions".

"He's morally and legally bound to tell other bodies if you're a danger to yourself or others. He will explain all this to you at your first session later".

"Ok".

She leads me to the back of the property where there were chicken and horses and other farm animals. One of the farmer Teddy tells myself and the other junkies what job we have to do. I have to clean the horse stalls out then walk one of them.  As I clean out the stalls getting dirtier and dirtier it struck me what back labouring work it was. And how a shirt that covered my full top half was a good idea for the next day

We spent two hours tending to the animals before we were told we could go inside and get cleaned up. I went to the kitchen to get something to eat. I choose to have cereal and toast for my breakfast, I'm ashamed to say I had to be shown the week before how to make toast as well as how to prepare eggs several different ways.

I sit at the kitchen table there were a couple of celebrities sat around it with me. I thought what a cliché then I reminder I'm also a walking one. The rebellious princess the tabloids love to write about who has a drug habit and is self absorbed. No one really says anything to me apart from pass the salt. I take my breakfast into the living room only to be told to get back into the kitchen. I miss doing engagements even though I was doing more and more engagements by the time I was put in here. Looking back on the last couple of months I have to admit I loved doing them but for the wrong reasons. They got me away from my pain for a few hours. They went from being something I didn't really care about doing to being something I looked forward to doing.

If I'm being honest it was my escape from everything with my mother I just repeated myself didn't I?   I do that sometimes deal with it. I got upset with my cousin when she didn't include me in being a hard worker alongside my siblings at her wedding because I knew I was working harder than ever.