Happy?

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory".
                         -Dr Suess

"Hi."

I stare at him not believing he's really standing in front of me. My little cousin Isabelle makes a noise I turn back to her and pick her up. Suddenly Antonio and Debbie run into the room and take the kids from me. They each have a big smile on their face Debbie even winks at me.

"I hope you're not too upset with me about the surprise".   I just stare at Diego not answering my cousin who leaves me alone with him.

"Hello Victoria it's nice to see you again and even better to have a conversation with you".

"Diego wow you're here. I don't know what to say".

He laughs, "It's good to see you too Victoria. You want to know a secret Debbie started planning this after you went into rehab. I take it you like the surprise".

"Erm you're my surprise. I mean you're here, wow and a prince as well".

"A Crown Prince don't forget that part", he moves closer to me.

"And you like me". He moves even closer to me.

"And I like you".

I touch him, "You're real I'm sorry when I was in rehab I dreamt about what it would be like to meet you again. I didn't know you were a prince".

"And you still liked me even when you thought I was a commoner".

I nod my head and he reaches for my hand and we sit on the sofa. I start to cry and he holds me.

"I'm here now".

"We can't work as a couple or be together Diego because you're a Crown Prince and I'm an ex- junkie. The people of Sardinia won't want there crown prince to date an ex junkie. Diego I've to me honest I've not seen anything about you in the press before now. To be honest for a while there I was very me, myself and I which could be the reason why I've not heard of you before".

"Denmark is one of the countries I visited while you were in rehab I tend to focus on my work and not party. I'm one of those boring royals the international press doesn't seem that interested in. I was disappointed to see you splash all over the papers taking drugs. My sister told me to hear you out as the papers didn't have all the story.  And Antonio thought I should wait till you were out of rehab and have a conversation with you before deciding to have nothing to do with you. Your cousin kept saying she sees something in you. You just need a push and to change the type of people you hang around with, which you have".

"They all went to bat for me wow my cousin really likes me".

"You're wrong she and Antonio loves you and my sister can't wait to get to know you better".

"I want to tell you everything then you can make your mind up and decide if you really want to be with me".

I told him about my drug use, my fear of my mother and my bullying and my appalling past selfishness and behaviour.

He listened then left the room I was very upset and disappointed he did that. I lost him before we even began but to my surprise he came back into the room and kissed me.

"What's going on I thought you were saying no to me".

"There's something about you that draws me to you".

"But the press and my past".

He looks me in the eyes, "We'll deal with it together that's if you will have me". I smile at him.