Chapter 26

As it turned out, Hayden had Phoenix lineage as well as Veela.

When Draco had come back down into the sitting room after laying Hayden down, Severus had given him some interesting information.

Apparently Hayden's great great grandfather (who was also a Phoenix) mated with a Veela and of course, had children.

That Veela trait had been recessive and allowed Hayden to become mostly Phoenix m, Since his re-birth however, that gene is no longer recessive. While it is now more prominent, it still sits in the back burner of Hayden's inheritance.

Severus almost suspects that if Hayden is forced to go through a re-birth again, the Veela blood will become more and more prominent and will even most likely obtain the same footing as the more dominant Phoenix gene.

While Draco found this all very interesting, he very much hoped that Hayden never had to go through another re-birth.

For one, Draco very much liked his mate exactly the way he is now. Two, he didn't know if he could quite be able to handle going through that experience again. It was hard enough the first time!

---

"What do you think about this one?" Hayden asked his mother after changing into yet another dress.

Hayden walked out of his closet wearing a simple yet elegant white floor length dress that cross-crossed in the front and tied around the back of his neck. A thin silver belt tied around his waist completed the look.

"Like always, you look lovely" Sev reminded him. "Now turn around for me"

Hayden slowly turned in a circle so that his mother could inspect the dress.

"It looks very nice. Do you have anything else you were considering before we make the final decision?" Severus asked, wanting to make sure he saw everything that Hayden had lined up.

"I do have one more, yes. I'll go get it" Hayden informed, hurrying back into his wardrobe.

Severus smiled. He loved being able to have the chance to help his son with these types of decisions.

It's true that Hayden probably didn't really need his opinion at all, but it still made his heart warm at the thought that his little Hayden appreciates and values his thoughts.

Hayden came back out moments later with a new dress on and a big smile on his face.

"This one is beautiful, Hayden"

"You think so!" Hayden beamed.

"Out of all the dresses I picked out, I think I like this one the most!" the boy said enthusiastically as he gracefully twirled in a slow circle, watching the dress flare out a bit.

"Then I think we found the one you should wear for tonight" Severus said happily as he stood.

"Now, what shall you do about your hair, hmm?" Severus inquired playfully as he combed his hand through his son's dark hair.

---

"They're taking an awful long time aren't they?" Draco said worriedly to Tom.

Tom just chucked. "You have to remember, they're both part Phoenix. They love to dress up, especially when there's a big group they can impress"

"You mean that I should expect this with any sort of social gathering that Hayden and I are invited to?" The blonde laughed with slight amusement.

Tom just nodded before looking to the stairwell just in time to see Hayden coming down with Severus right behind him. The older man nudged Draco to turn around causing the blonde to gasp silently as he saw his Hayden coming down the stairs, looking absolutely stunning.