Chapter 28

Draco paced across the floor of the common room as he waited for Hayden and the other girls to finish getting ready for the dance that evening.

He was already ready, wearing a black suit with a silver button-up and a dark green tie.

It hadn't taken him that long to prepare compared to his mate. He was ever so slightly put out that he was taking so long, but at the same time couldn't help but be endeared by it. He was positive that when Hayden finally did come he would look absolutely stunning! Of course he would, he was already gorgeous, after all!

Finally, after what seemed like hours but really wasn't, the door to their shared room opened. Out walked both Pansy and Hayden, but Draco could only see Hayden.

The boy was dressed in a lovely forest green and silver evening gown that sparkles whenever the light hit the silver sequence. His dark hair was styled back with curls framing the edges of his face and flowing down the back of his neck.

The next thing that caught Draco's eye was the gold circlet that wrapped beneath his love's hair

The next thing that caught Draco's eye was the gold circlet that wrapped beneath his love's hair. It was the one Draco had gotten him for their date just before winter break.

"You look absolutely exquisite, darling," Draco whispered as he walked closer to Hayden. Hayden blushed lightly as he smiled bashfully at his mate in return.

Draco couldn't help it, he reached to pull Hayden closer so he could kiss him firmly on the lips.

Hayden gasped in surprise, but took no time at all to return the loving kiss.

---

The area just outside the Great Hall was crowded with people as they all waited for the ball to begin. Hayden and Draco chatted idly with each other as they waited off in a secluded place for the dance to actually start.

"There you are Mr. Snape! Are you ready and your partner ready?" McGonagall asked quickly, interrupting their conversation. She had been looking everywhere for the fourth year's, she almost didn't notice the pair standing off to the side away from the others.

"Ready?" Hayden asked, looking to Draco in confusion. "Ready for what?"

"To dance of course" McGonagall declared, "It's tradition that the three champions, well, in this case, four, are the first to dance. Surely I told you that?"

"Uh, no" Hayden responded, totally unprepared with this new information.

"Oh, well, now you know" The professor nodded before seeing one of the other champions and catching their attention before they could go too far, leaving Hayden and Draco to get ready.

"W-well, then" Hayden breathed, his nerves quickly starting to get the best of him.

Being the attentive and observant mate he was, Draco noticed Hayden's hesitance immediately. So, he held out his arm to Hayden, "Shall we" he said with a bow and a gentle smile.