Chapter 13

Hayden couldn't believe what he was hearing. The fact that Draco loved him, so much so that he wanted to be with him forever. The thought melted his heart into a big happy fluttery mess.

He was so incredibly happy, but his happy smile soon began to fade as he realized something. He hadn't told Draco the truth about himself yet.

"Hayden, what's wrong?" Draco asked, his heart dropping as he saw Hayden's face morph from happiness to something else entirely. What did I do wrong?

"I-I" Hayden tried, but he couldn't form his thoughts coherently. He breathed heavily before trying to speak again.

"Draco, I love you too! There's nothing I would love more than to say yes you, but I... I have something to tell you that will most definitely change the way you look at me" Hayden admitted, tears welling in his eyes.

"Hayden, I promise you, no matter what you say, nothing will change. I love you and that will never change" Draco tried to convince as he stood up before the raven.

"Draco, i'm not,... We've k-known each f-for a couple years n-now" Hayden stuttered, hoping that this all turns out well.

"What do you mean?" Draco asked, taking a wary step back from the other, so he could watch the bi-colored eyes.

"Um... Draco, have you noticed that Harry Potter hasn't been here at all this year? He hasn't been in classes and he doesn't come down for meals? He wasn't on the train and all the Gryffindors have been rather down, more than usual anyway?"

"Well yeah, but I don't see why that has anything to do with you. You're not him so why should I care?" Draco said, his tone becoming irritated. Why wasn't Hayden answering his questions? What was so important about that Potter bastard?

"Draco, think hard for me? I came the year Harry Potter disappeared. Why else would I bring him up now if it wasn't important?" Hayden asked. He could feel his eyes start to sting from the uncomfortable lump in his throat.

This wasn't turning out at all like he had hoped. He just wished that what Draco said was true.

Hayden watched as the gears turned in the blondes head, separately trying to figure out what was going on. Not a minute later, a look a realization flashed across his silver eyes before a look of anger hardened them.

"You mean to tell me your-?"

"I'm Harry Potter" Hayden cut him off.

A tense silence hung over them like a wet blanket, neither one of them knew how to try and fix it, and Draco wasn't so sure he even wanted to.

"I was Harry Potter," Hayden repeated quietly, looking anywhere other than his supposed mate.

Draco just stood there, appearing frozen as what Hayden said sunk in. It seemed like years had passed before Draco came back to the present.

"So, your Harry Potter?" Hayden just nodded, willing the tears back so he wouldn't cry.

"Has everything you've told me then been a lie?" Draco asked, a pained sort of anger lacing his venomous tone. "Have you been glamouring yourself all this time? I bet you're not even a creature, you've just been playing me for a fool, well I hope you've had fun manipulating my emotions like this"

"No, I would never, please-"

"Oh, so what, now you're too good for me? Now that you've made sure I've completely fallen for you you're suddenly superior? Well guess what, you're even worse than me. No wonder you got into Slytherin you son of a-" Draco seethed, shutting himself off so he could take a moment to breathe. That moment didn't last very long.

"Did you ever feel anything for me?" Draco asked, a tiny bit of his heartbreak shining through in his words.

"No, of course you didn't, huh. Why would you? I bet you've been slipping me Amortentia haven't you? How did you do it, huh? How were you able to mask it so well that I couldn't even detect it?" Draco finally yelled.

Hayden broke, tears finally streamed down his face as a sob broke past his throat.

"Draco?" Hayden brokenly whispered, eyes trained at the ground at his feet.

Finally, Draco seemed to break out of his anger induced haze and looked at Hayden. The shy and sobbing boy in front of him was a sad sight indeed. He almost confesses his love to this boy too.

His anger seemed to suddenly leave him with that realization, he loved the other boy, he really did. How did this even happen. Why was he so upset?

Another heartbreaking sob left the ravenette caused Draco to feel an immense amount of grief at making the other cry like this.

"Hayd-?... I'm so-" Draco began but was cut off almost immediately.

"Please, d-don't. I-I, I'm sorry but I, I need to leave" Hayden rushed. He apperated away before Draco could say another word.

---

A knock coming from the portrait door of Severus' room startled him from out of his reading.

Now who could that be? Severus thought as he bookmarked his place and made him answer his door. Not many of his Slytherins would knock, especially if what they needed was urgent.

His wandering thoughts though were answered as he opened the door to the sight of his son looking absolutely wrecked. Tears streamed down from his red puffy eyes in wet trails. His hair was all out of place and he looked like he had just sprinted the length of the castle to get there.

"Hayden whats wrong?" Sev said as he ushered his son into his room and into a tight hug.

Hayden just started crying again as he felt his mother's tight embrace around him, keeping him safe. He couldn't be more grateful.

Soon enough, Hayden was breathing normally. Looking down, Sev saw that he had cried himself to sleep. Sighing, Severus leaned down in order to pick up his son and bring him to the couch, he would just have to wait until Hayden woke back up so he could figure out what happened.

Until then, Severus sat back down in his arm chair and picked his book back up, hoping that Hayden would feel a bit better after sleeping.

Not long after Hayden came back to Slytherin did a disgruntled blonde walk through the door to the common room.

He wasn't necessarily angry with any one person, but with himself. The completely heartbroken look in Haydens eyes will haunt him for months. He can't believe that he did that to him, it tore him up inside.

He hurried up the stairs to the fourth year's level and gently knocked on their dorm room door.

No answer.

He knocked again, but just like last time, there was no answer.

"Hayden? Honey, can I come in?" Draco sighed when he didn't get an answer. Assuming that Hayden was just sleeping, he carefully opened the door.

"Hayden?" He whispered, looking around the dark room. Taking his wand out, he casted a weak Lumous just in case Hayden was sleeping. But the strange thing was, Hayden wasn't in his bed. He didn't seem to be anywhere in the room in fact.

Turning on the lights, Draco frantically looked everywhere, in the closet, in the bathroom, even under the beds.

Hayden wasn't there.