Chapter 9

Hayden sat there frozen in shock. How did his name get in the cup? Who put it there?

Draco was confused as well. He knew that it was planned to enter Harry Potter into the tournament from talking with his father, but he had been told that the plan was called off and that no such thing would happen. So then how did that happen, and with Hayden Snape no less?

"Hayden Snape!" Dumbledore yelled, sounding fed up.

Finally, Hayden stood up. He stood for a moment, intently staring into the old man's eyes to intimidate him. He succeeded if the waiver in his eyes was anything to go by.

Hayden took a step forward, the students around him parting a path for him. Draco watched as he continued his walk, wishing desperately that he could follow.

Hayden walked up to Dumbledore with conviction in his steps. He continued his scathing gaze until he passed the old man and looked to the door he was supposed to walk through.

---

As Hayden entered the elaborately decorated room, he couldn't help but feel anxious as he walked down the stairs case.

Ignoring the stairs of the three other students in the room, Hayden walked over to a corner in the room wanting to be alone. He leaned back against the wall, closing his eyes, waiting for the staff to come and start berating him.

Hayden opened his eyes again to see that the other Champions had left and only a select few teachers had barged in to disturb the peace: Mr. Crouch, McGonagall, Dumbledore, and of course Severus (albeit much quieter than the other three).

Severus was closest to the two while Dumbledore was the farthest.

"Hayden tell me truthfully, did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?" Severus asked calmly.

"No, I did not, nor did I get someone else to do it for me!" Hayden said as confidently as he could with all the confusion swirling in his head.

"Are you sure?" Dumbledore commented from the other side of the room.

"Of course I'm sure! Do you think I'm not aware of my own actions?" Hayden snapped.

"Albus, there has to be something we can do! We can't possibly let him in the tournament!" McGonagall implored.

Dumbledore looked towards Mr. Crouch who was standing away from everyone else.

"We leave this to you, Barty"

"The rules are absolute. The Goblet of Fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr. Snape has no choice, he is, as of tonight, a Triwizard Champion"

---

As Draco and Hayden were walking back to their dorm that night, Draco was thinking of possible ways of getting Hayden out of the tournament.

"Are you sure you don't want me or my father to go to the Ministry to force them into letting you out of the tournament?" Draco asked, almost pleading with the other to let him do this.

"No Draco, I have to compete. I don't think there is anything to be done against it. Now, can we please stop talking about it?" Hayden replied, edging on harsh.

"I just can't bear the thought of you getting seriously injured and the fact that there might be something I could do to prevent that!" Draco tried.

"Do you think that I wouldn't be able to handle the different challenges! Draco I have gone up more than you know and believe me when I say I have seen more horrors than you can imagine. I think I can protect myself just fine!" Hayden gritted out angrily.