Chapter 3

"Hurry into the nursery, hide the baby! Don't let him find him!" James said as he handed baby Harry over to Lily.

Lily took the child and hurried upstairs and into the nursery just as the door burst open and with a flash of light. A man with pale skin, short, wavy brown hair, and crimson red eyes stepped into the house.

"Where is he?" Tom Riddle demanded.

"You will not take him away from us!" James shouted! Tom just laughed.

"How can I steal something that already belongs to me! You cannot hide him forever! Give him to me and I might just give you a quick, painless death. Which I can tell you is more than you deserve." Tom replied.

"You don't deserve him. I refuse to hand the boy over just to let him live a life of fear and danger from you and the rest of your crazy followers! The boy deserves a far better future than you can ever provide!" James yelled at Tom.

Tom, though, was no longer in any mood to keep up this meaningless conversation.

"I will give you one more chance to give me the right answer" Tom said darkly, "Give me my little boy!" James just glared at him.

"Nev-"

"AVADA KEDAVRA" Tom yelled as he ran past James and up the stairs and to the room that he knew his baby boy was in.

He went up to the closed door of the nursery and listened. He could faintly hear the quiet whimpers of his little baby on the other side.

He was even angrier now!

The door to the nursery flew open and he walked in to see the red headed woman holding his baby, trying to quiet him down.

Lily looked toward the man in front of her with fear in her eyes.

"I will only ask you this once. Give me my son!" Tom demanded once again. Lily looked at him with defiance on her face.

Tom had had just about enough of the Potters and as Lily was just about to deny him his son, he killed her.

He walked over to her corpse, and sitting just behind her was his son.

His little baby stopped crying when he saw him and held out his arms, wanting to be picked up. He smiled at his little baby boy as he picked him up off the floor and carried him away from the dead body in the room.

"Dada!" the baby giggled and Tom gave the biggest smile he had ever given, happy tears welling in his eyes.

He had never heard his child speak before, and he was glad that he was here to listen.

"It's time to take you home, little Hayden. Your mother has been worried sick about you" Tom said while hugging his child close.

"Mamma" the baby giggled again softly while drifting off to sleep in his father's hold.

"Well isn't this touching" a voice said from behind Tom.

He quickly turned around to see Dumbledore pointing his wand towards him. Tom sent a menacing glare his way while holding his child even closer to him to try and keep him safe from the madman with a wand.

"Don't you dare try and take my son away ever again" the man said. The old wizard just laughed and took a few steps closer.

"I'm sorry it has to end this way, but either you give up the child or it has to die, but it appears you have already made your decision" Dumbledore said as he aimed his wand at the baby still in Tom's arms.