Chapter 29

Sorry this chapter is so late! I wanted to get it out yesterday, but my WIFI had been down for the past couple days. Thankfully it just started working and now I can post this chapter for you all!

Enjoy and happy late Valentine's Day!

-------------------------------------------------------------

The first thing the pair noticed upon entering the office was how still it was. It was quiet.

The faint sound of different contraptions whirring and Dumbledore's labored breathing were the only sounds in the large room.

"The portraits have all been covered. Did Blaise do that?" Draco questioned, noticing the thick canvas coverings that hung from every painting in the room.

"If he did, it was extremely smart of him. Don't want any of the paintings talking to each other" Hayden said quietly, glancing around the room quickly before making his way to the old man still snoring in his plush desk chair.

"Start looking around for anything that might us in the war or that could be valuable to them" Hayden instructed the blonde as he took out his wand.

Watching Draco head off for the other side of the room, Hayden smiled, happy to have a partner in crime.

Turning back to the business at hand, his happy expression morphed into a slight scowl.

Accio Elder Wand, Hayden thought, pointing his wand at the old man and reaching his hand out just in time to catch the wand that flew out of the man's sleeve.

Tucking the wand in a conveniently placed hidden pocket in his dress, he took another step forward.

A couple months back, before he had to re-enroll as a new student at Hogwarts, Bellatrix was able to teach Hayden a few spells and curses (other than the cruciatus of course).

The particular curse he was about to enact is actually a favorite of his aunts Bella's. Starting at a specific point on the body, a dull yet sharp pain will start to spread throughout the body at an excruciatingly slow rate. A fun aspect of the curse though, is that as the pain spreads, the areas affected will start to turn pitch black.

Lifting his wand to point at Dumbledore's hand, Hayden recited the short incarnation before a giddy sense of pride washed over him at seeing the very tips of the old man's fingers turn a dark grey.

Satisfied with the curse, Hayden turned to see Draco go through one of Dumbledore's cabinets.

"Have you found anything yet?" The raven asked as he made his way over to see what the blonde was looking at.

"Well, not much. I found a drawer of things that I think belonged to the Dark Lord, but I'm not sure. Also, I think these are all memories" Draco told Hayden as he reached up for a small glass bottle labeled 'Harry Potter'.

Holding the bottle up, Hayden could just make out an image of himself from before his inheritance and he seemed to be riding a broom, must've been from a quidditch match.

"I think it would be the best idea if we took some of these" Hayden spoke up after a minute, sighing at the sheer amount of bottles.

The two looked and looked, making sure to leave the unwanted bottles as undisturbed as possible while taking the ones that they deemed could've had incriminating evidence in it.

In the end, they were able to procure a good amount of bottles, many happened to be random death eaters that were acting as ministry officials for the dark. They also grabbed the one marked for Tom Riddle as well as the two for Lily and James Potter.