Chapter 15

Hayden woke up the next morning shivering, cold and miserable. No matter how far he burrowed under the blankets in his nest, he couldn't escape the chill that was settling into his bones.

He whined in inconvenience as he peeked an eye out from his blanket, just to see that the fire he lit the night before had gone out, leaving the cold of the castle to seep through the walls of the room.

A knocking shocked him out of his tired reverie, but only for a moment before exhaustion weighed back over him.

Looking around the room for the source of the noise, he spotted a window over by the far wall. An owl stood there patiently knocking its beak against the glass as it tried not to crush the letter attached to its leg.

Hayden reluctantly scooted himself to the edge of the nest/bed, one of the blankets wrapped snugly around him. He went to stand on his legs, but as soon as he shifted his weight forward, his legs buckled and collapsed underneath him sending him toppling down to the cold floor.

He lied there, not having the energy to try and get up. He turned his head in the direction of the window to look at the owl on the other side, who had thankfully stopped its knocking and was now watching him with the same patience it had before.

The Phoenix sighed in resignation as he struggled to try and get to his feet. It took him a couple minutes, but he was finally able to stand. Now he just had to take a step forward.

After what felt like forever, he finally made it to the window to let the poor little brown owl in. He untied the letter around its leg and went to pet the bird on its head gently. A small smile graced his face as the owl nuzzled back into his hand, cooing gently in appreciation.

Hayden missed getting letters, he can't remember the last time he got one that was actually pleasant. That reminds him, he can't forget about the meeting he set up with Dumbledore in about a week.

He groaned, with all that has been going on he hasn't had the time to think of how he was going to deal with the whole Harry Potter situation with old Dumbles.

His mood lifted slightly when he saw that the letter was from his father.

Dear Hayden,

I hope you are doing well. I recently received a letter from your mother telling you had sent a letter to Dumbledore with a plan in mind. I am sure that you have everything under control, but remember, I am always here if you need me. I have also heard that you were unknowingly entered into the Triwizard Tournament. I cannot believe the stupidity of the Ministry and of your Headmaster. I can only give my thanks to whatever god is real that you were able to handle that ornery dragon. Believe me, I had no doubts that you could, but I don't know what I would've done if you were suddenly gone again.

I understand that the next task will be in two weeks. Please don't hesitate if you ever need anything, I am always here for you! I hope to hear from you soon.

All my best,

Father

Hayden smiled as he finished reading. He hadn't heard from his father since he left for Hogwarts. He didn't even notice how much he missed him till he read the letter, strange considering their past relationship.

Wait, the Tournament Hayden thought, groaning out loud as he started to slide down the wall to the floor.

"How could I forget?" he asked himself in exasperation.

Hayden didn't quite realize just how much he had to do until it hit him all at once. He had to prepare for the next task (in which he was in no way ready), he had to make a plan on what to do with Dumbledore and Harry Potter (although he had a good idea already), and now he was dealing with Draco's rejection. It was all just so emotionally draining, maybe that's why he had such a hard time getting out of bed.

Maybe it would be good to just have a break for a couple of days, visit his father. Maybe he can help him figure out the next task. Being at the mansion would also probably be better to execute the plan he would have for Dumbledore.

He should probably go and make sure it's alright with Sev to leave for a couple days.

A couple hours later Hayden finally left his room, but since the Room created the door on a different wall, he missed the blonde that was sitting on the floor asleep, waiting for his once love.

---

[ Sorry guys, time skip. I can't figure out what to write for this part. Basically, Hayden finds Severus and he gets permission to leave Hogwarts for a week and a half, you can imagine what they tell the school, and goes to Riddle Manor.]

---

"Hayden, I wasn't expecting to see you so soon," Tom said as he greeted his son with a hug.

"Now, not that i'm not happy you're here, but aren't you supposed to be in classes?"

"I got permission to skip for about a week. Moms going to bring over my work during the weekend" Hayden explained tiredly.

"Well, it sounds like you have everything planned out. Do you want to tell me why?" Tom asked, knowing that something was up.

"Maybe?" Hayden shrugged.

"Do you want to sit down? You look exhausted"

"Yes please"