Chapter 2

Severus expected to apperate outside the front door of the house but was a bit surprised to find himself in someone's room.

Looking around, he wasn't impressed. It was cramped and everything looked rundown and old and rather messy.

A cage caught his eyes as he looked at the window. It looked like an owl cage, and were those owl treats? Whose room was this?

Severus spun around quickly when he heard a soft groan sound from one of the corners in the room. His dark eyes widened as he looked down at the sight before him.

He couldn't believe what he was seeing, he didn't want to see it.  He never would have guessed that this was the wizarding world's "Golden Boy" as he looked at the broken boy in front of him.

Kneeling down next to Harry, he took out his wand and cast a diagnostic spell to see what damage was done.

Harry had several broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder, his leg was cracked in two different places, he had been malnourished and had cuts and bruises all over his skin.

Severus could feel tears start to well up in his eyes. He felt immense guilt wash over him. This was the boy he had been so cruel to? All this time Harry had to deal with this in his homelife and Severus' bullying must've just added to the pain the boy must've already been feeling.

Severus was having trouble processing all this very sudden information. The unconscious boy before him was the same one he had bullied for practically no reason at all for three years? Severus was a mix of emotions that he admittedly didn't like feeling.

He was angry towards the muggles Harry had to live with and angry at Dumbledore for subjecting the boy to this year after year! Surely he must've known that this was happening!

Under all this anger though, was sadness.

He was sad that Harry had to go this, at such a young age and all alone no doubt. Severus had made a decision, he was going to try and help the small boy before him by first healing him of his wounds. Severus gently picked him up and apperated  back at Spinner's End.

Once there, Severus hurried through the house with Harry in his arms, bringing him to the guest room. Severus laid Harry down and began the long process of healing Harry's wounds and giving him replenishing potions.

He had never been so grateful for those classes Madame Pomphrey had made all the teachers attend at the beginning of every year.

-

A couple days later, Harry finally had woken up. He reached over to the nightstand for his glasses out of habit. Once he had put them on he looked around the unfamiliar room. He noticed that this was not his room almost immediately, it looks far too nice to be anything close to his. The walls are done in deep forest green with a desk in the far corner of the room and a couple book cases holding an array of different books. The bed he was in was a soft one, the most comfortable one he had ever been in (he thought it might even give the Hogwarts beds a run for their money!) The sheets and pillow cases were black but the comforter on top matched the walls quite nicely with deep green. How did I get here? Harry wondered. Unexpectedly, the door opened and Harry dove back under the blankets, suddenly scared about who's house he might be in.

"I know you're awake. Come on out, I promise I won't hurt you. You'll be alright." Harry heard the oddly familiar voice say. He could've sworn it was Professor Snape, but that was impossible, he hated him! Harry felt the bed dip down as the person sat beside him. "It's alright, I won't hurt you" the person reiterated as they began to pull back blankets so Harry could see him. Harry was so confused at that moment, it was Professor Snape! But, why?