Adachi to Shimamura

Genre: Slice of Life, Romance ("yuri")
Dub?: No
Available on: Funimation
Rating: PG-13
Seasons/Parts: 1
Episodes: 12
Overall Score: 2.5/10
Summary: Somewhere in the school at noon, one might hear the sound of two girls playing table tennis together as they wait for time to pass by.
As if by fate, two students—Sakura Adachi and Hougetsu Shimamura—stumble upon each other on the second floor of the school gymnasium. As they gradually foster a budding friendship, their feelings for one another only become more ambiguous. Growing closer by the day, the two must learn to navigate their contrasting personalities as well as determine the depth of their affection for each other.
The nature of this relationship gradually shifts when one of them starts to develop feelings beyond the boundaries of a platonic relationship. Even so, Adachi and Shimamura must realize if forming a bond stronger than friendship will bring them closer or tear them apart.

I'm not really going to sugarcoat it, this anime is super boring. I can't speak for the lite novels or manga, which I believe followed the characters differently, but the anime is not very well done. It does a really bad job of world building, doesn't introduce one of the characters very well (and to be honest she feels completely extraneous; she's taking away from the main focus of the show which is Adachi and Shimamura and their developing relationship). The scenes between the two girls that are supposed to be like cute and show them bonding feel forced and don't really work.

Also, I know yuri is typically meant for guys to watch (as weird as that is to me), but they're so overly sexualized. The amount of weird shots that are kinda uncomfortable and scenes that make you go like ????? is too much for me. I just wanted to watch a cute romance between two confused high school girls blossom but instead I got up the skirt shots and scenes that were obviously written by a horny man. Probably won't watch another yuri anime for a while, lol.

The only reason this show gets a 2.5 instead of a 1 is because of the visuals. It is a very pretty anime and the art style is pretty nice. The opening is well done, too.