Black Clover

Genre: Fantasy Shonen
No Dub Available (Yet?)
Rating: TV-14
Seasons: 1 so far I think
Episodes: 40 (ongoing)
Overall Score: 5/10
Summary: In a world where magic is everything, Asta and Yuno are both found abandoned at a church on the same day. While Yuno is gifted with exceptional magical powers, Asta is the only one in this world without any. At the age of fifteen, both receive grimoires, magic books that amplify their holder's magic. Asta's is a rare Grimoire of Anti-Magic that negates and repels his opponent's spells. Being opposite but good rivals, Yuno and Asta are ready for the hardest of challenges to achieve their common dream: to be the Wizard King. Giving up is never an option!

Don't skin me alive, but I actually dislike Black Clover. A lot. It took me two tries to watch it. I actually watched the first episode the day it came out. Crunchyroll had some ad for it, and if I remember correctly it said like "if you enjoy My Hero Academia, you'll love this new shonen anime" so I was like yeah okay sure. And to be honest, I hate Asta so much, he's almost the entire reason I quit watching it the first time. Like yes, there are a lot of annoying anime characters. There are a lot of annoying anime protagonists. But Asta is past the point of funny annoying. Naruto is kind of annoying, but he's comical. Asta just fucking yells all the time for no reason. And his voice is already kind of annoying as is. I know that this is a common thing that people say, but it's well deserved.

The only reason I tried to watch it again is because I started noticing how much everyone loves it. While watching MHA theory videos on YouTube (leave me alone) I remember seeing a video and the title was something along the lines of "Could Black Clover be the best shonen anime of all time?" and I was like... are these people watching the same Black Clover as me...?

Anyway, I'm trying it again. I'm ignoring how annoying Asta is. I really like that one guy in the Black Bulls who wants to fight everyone, he's cute. I hate Yuno too, he's a Sasuke clone (black hair, sulky, way too fucking talented just to be a foil to the protag, friends-but-not-actually with the protag... i don't need to go on. its painstakingly obvious to anyone who watches the anime for 4 and a half seconds)

The story is decent enough. It's funny how Asta just has this nasty dirty grimoire an everyone's like "Where did that even come from". To be honest, and someone has probably said this before, but I think it was the original Wizard King's grimoire. The show is kind enough to give us a clip of him killing the Bigass Demon Guy at the beginning of every SINGLE episode (which I am NOT MAD ABOUT at all) and he uses this huge light sword thing, and obviously that was a long time ago, so personally I think Asta has his grimoire and that's why it's all old an shit. But idk. Maybe the show already said that but I'm not far enough to know. And if it hasn't I'm sure someone else has said this. But whatever, I don't care too much either way. I mean it's already said that his grimoire is Anti-Magic, but I still think it was probably the original wizard king's or something.

So, to recap, the protagonists spoil this show without a doubt. It had potential until Asta opened his fuckin mouth. But I'm sticking with it, at least until they stop animating it because they realize how shit Asta is, or he tones down his screaming a little.