Blood Lad

Genre: Comedy, Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Drama
Dub?: Yes
Available on: Hulu
Rating: TV-14
Seasons/Parts: 1 
Episodes: 10
Overall Score: 6/10
Summary: Staz Charlie Blood is a powerful vampire who rules the Eastern district of Demon World. According to rumors, he is a bloodthirsty and merciless monster, but in reality, Staz is just an otaku obsessed with Japanese culture and completely uninterested in human blood. Leaving the management of his territory to his underlings, Staz spends his days lazing around, indulging in anime, manga, and games. When Fuyumi Yanagi, a Japanese girl, accidentally wanders through a portal leading into the demon world, Staz is overjoyed. But just as he is starting to feel an unusual attraction to her, his territory is attacked, resulting in Fuyumi's untimely death. She turns into a wandering ghost and the crestfallen Staz vows to resurrect her as this would mean being able to travel to the human world, something he has always dreamed of.

This is technically a "mini-series", seeing as it only has 10 episodes, but it was actually not bad and they wrapped up everything pretty well. It has one of the best intros/hooks I've seen for an anime in a while. What I mean is that the first episode is super good, hilarious, and really draws the viewers in. There are some pretty lackluster episodes, not going to lie, and the way all of the women are drawn makes them all seem like basically the same character (also, boobs. of course lol). The main girl, Fuyumi, is a pretty flat character (except for her chest... HAHA... no? okay sorry) but another one of the main cast that comes in later, Hydra Bell, is actually a pretty decently interesting character and it is cool to see her on screen. Her boobs are also huge though and honestly the whole lack of physics when it comes to large boobs in these animes gets on my nerves, but if you can overlook that kind of thing, this show isn't bad.

For being so short, it took me a hell of a long time to watch, and I can't really place why. It was probably the fact that episodes 4-8 were pretty boring, at least to me, but there were still some pretty good twists and turns and the ending was good, albeit a little lackluster and it kinds of ends with something to be desired. Think Ouran -- everything is wrapped up nicely but it still leaves you thinking like... okay, and? What happens next?

I don't think this show will ever be continued, seeing as the episodes out now came out about 8 years ago and the internet is full of vague reasonings like "financial issues" for why it's not being continued yet, and I don't know anything about the manga so for now I'll just say if you want a quick watch with a pretty decent plot and a really likeable main character then give this one a go.