The Way of the Househusband (Gokushufudo)

Genre: Slice of Life, Comedy
Dub?: Yes
Available on: Netflix (Netflix Original)
Rating: TV-MA (language)
Seasons/Parts: 1
Episodes: 5
Overall Score: 9/10
Summary: The Way of the Househusband is about Tatsu, a.k.a. the Immortal Dragon, a former yakuza boss with a terrifying reputation who has chosen to give up his life of crime and become a stay-at-home husband for his career-oriented wife Miku.

This show is very good. I will start this review off by saying that I did really enjoy it, even though it only has 5 FULL (as in 20 minutes) episodes so far. I will also say, that the manga was much much MUCH better than the show.

First of all, I understand this show probably had a really small budget. This isn't exactly a popular series, and the animation and fact that only 5 episodes are released is proof of that. However, I feel like this isn't an excuse for how the animation came out. My boyfriend describes it as "it's animated like how reading manga looks" and I honestly cannot find a better way to describe it. There isn't really any fluid animation, aside from mouth movements, and it looks more like a literal animated manga, or like a comic dub you would see on YouTube, with a little more movement. One can argue that it works with the tone of the show and style, but personally I think it would have been even better with full traditional animation.

That being said, this show truly is a gem. If you enjoy comedy anime you'll love this one, it is truly just a funny anime and all of the episodes contain 5 shorts, all of which are usually pretty funny. Not to mention as I said it is only 5 full episodes, so it's easily watchable in one sitting. Definitely give it a try if you're into this kind of thing, but in addition if you are a manga reader please read the manga before watching the anime, because the manga is wonderful and the artwork is very nice.