Aggretsuko

Genre: Comedy
Dub?: Yes
Available on: Netflix (netflix original)
Rating: PG
Seasons/Parts: 2 (Season 3 coming August 27th, 2020)
Episodes: 20
Overall Score: 8/10
Summary: Aggretsuko, also known by its original Japanese title Aggressive Retsuko, is a Japanese anime musical comedy franchise based on the eponymous character created by "Yeti" for the mascot company Sanrio. Retsuko is a red panda who works a demanding office job and relieves her stress through singing heavy metal music at karaoke.

This show is a really good one, and is a very quick watch. I knocked out both seasons, each in one sitting when they came out. Definitely worth it. It's a really funny show, and the art style is super adorable. All of the characters are so unique and contribute to the story (in other words there are no filler characters). I can't really say too much more about it because it has a pretty simple premise; Retsuko works in an office, is friends with Fenneko and Haida (who has a crush on her, probably) and, like a lot of people, has a crappy boss who just makes her life hard. She meets new people, tries dating, and just overall goes through shenanigans. The only thing that remains constant is the occasional heavy metal screamo scenes that show Retsuko singing her (usually) own made up lyrics at karaoke. They aren't too overpowering or long and add more to the comedic effect of the show. All in all it's really well done and I recommend it if you're looking for a lighthearted show that's not too plot heavy.