Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun (Gekkan Shōjo Nozaki-kun)

Genre: Comedy, Romance
Dub?: Yes (recommended)
Available on: Netflix, Crunchyroll
Rating: TV-PG
Seasons/Parts: 1
Episodes: 12
Overall Score: 9/10
Summary: High school student Chiyo Sakura has a crush on schoolmate Umetarou Nozaki. When she confesses her love to him, he mistakes her for a fan and gives her an autograph. ... Sakura discovers that Nozaki is actually a renowned shōjo manga artist working under the pen name Sakiko Yumeno.

This show is a wonderful quick watch. It's lighthearted, funny, and has a great cast of likable characters. The worst part about it is how it has Japan's tendency to put out a season of an anime of a romance manga and have the characters barely even get close to getting together. The last episode is very frustrating of this show particularly because of how close Chiyo comes to confessing.

That aside, the plot is already a really funny concept, and when you add a cast of characters that are all hilarious in their own right and have their own subplots that are sure to make you giggle, it just wraps it all up very nicely. This is one that I am definitely hoping for another season of, however it doesn't look very likely considering this season is almost 7 years old. I guess Chiyo and Nozaki will never get together on screen, but that's what fanfiction is for!