Cowboy Bebop

Genre: fantasy, action? (It's cited as the anime to defy genre so really the genre is just "cowboy bebop")
Dub Available
Rating: TV-14
Seasons: 1
Episodes: 26 (plus i think a movie or two)
Overall Score: 9/10
Summary: The Bebop crew is just trying to make a buck. This motley lot of intergalactic loners teams up to track down fugitives and turn them in for cold hard cash. Spike is a hero whose cool façade hides a dark and deadly past. The pilot Jet is a bruiser of a brute who can't wait to collect the next bounty. Faye Valentine is a femme fatale prone to breaking hearts and separating fools from their money. Along for the ride are the brilliant, but weird, hacker Ed and a super-genius Welsh Corgi named Ein.

In addition to bounty hunting, over the course of the series we see each character face their pasts head on, although some are more traumatizing than others. I won't spoil their pasts because they're what the show mostly revolves around in the first place, but I will say they are all very interesting and complex, except for Jet's which is a little more simple and the least ambiguous of all their back stories.

Honesty this is one of my top 3 favorite animes ever even though it's gotten some beef for its story having too much ambiguity to the point where it can get really confusing. Despite this, the soundtrack is phenomenal and it's known for being an anime with one of the best dubs in existence. (Steven Blum was literally born to voice Spike I'm serious)

I give it 9 out of 10 because of that ambiguity. Don't get me wrong I like to think and figure things out, but it's so obscure to the point where there's no difinitive answer for some things, and the story is largely summed up by people theorizing.

However, it really is an amazing anime with an amazing opening and cast of interesting characters with equally as interesting backstories. Definitely definitely recommend watching it.

Also, bonus video bc I love JelloApocalypse:

(Keep in mind theres spoilers.)