●Author's word●

The Ramayana!

A tale that is often linked with heartbreak, jealousy,greed, power, kidnapping and mainly the victory of the Vanar Sena over the Lanka.

We all remember Mata Sita's exile, Lord Rama's valor, we celebrate the brotherhood of The Ayodhya brothers, we praise the sacrifice of the Mithila Sisters.

But was Ramayana limited to this? Why don't we remember the good times, the celebrations, the love , the joy. We talk about Queen Keikeyi, that she exiled Lord Rama but why do we forget that she was also the one who loved him the most, why don't we talk about Queen Sumitra who ordered his son to take every difficulty, every arrow upon him before it could reach Siya Ram.

Lord Rama is honoured for being Maryada Purushotam, he is celebrated as An Ideal King, Ideal son, Ideal Disciple but why not an Ideal husband who loved Mata Sita endlessly, who did not marry even after her Bhoomipravesh. The Ideal Brother who without any second thought willingly gave the throne to his younger brother, the brother who refused to return back to Ayodhya, he wept and confessed that he could live without the riches in Ayodhya, he could live without his beloved Sita but he could not live without brother Lakshman on his side. He was the elder brother who tried to complete Mata Sita's void in the lives of Madavi, Urmila and Shrutkirti.

Mata Sita who is considered a symbol of devotion, but what about that independent and esteemed woman who despite of being pregnant resided in van, who for her self respect gave away the riches and comfort of the palace. The Regal Queen who chose the path of thorns rather than roses. The noblewoman who had the power to kill Ravana in seconds, but instead stayed in Ashok Vatika and never accepted even a morsel from the Palace of Lanka.

RAGHILI meaning the union of Raghavas and Maithilis is a journey of such forgotten and overlooked tales.

Raghavas, the four princes i.e the descendants of Raghava.

Maithilis, the daughters/princesses of Mithila

Thus, Raghili being the four couples or you can say Siya Ram, because the three younger ones together make Siya Ram complete.

This is purely a work of fiction and is not meant to hurt anyone's religious sentiments. The author will take creative liberty. Some part will be from the original work while some will be my imagination. Do not believe in everything shown or written. The work does not guarantee mythological accuracy in any way.

Anything apart from the incidents written in the original work and shown on television are purely mine and should not be copied in any way by anyone without my permission.

Copyright© by mythooolover: All rights reserved

I don't own any of the pictures used in the book, they belong to their rightful owners.

Ps- when I started this book I was just a newbie. I am not much of a reader nor a writer earlier. This was my first attempt so you will notice improvement in writing with each chapter. So, I suggest be patient.