chapter 15- The First Feminist

Today was a quiet day in Mithila palace. Urmila and Laksh did not fight. Strange. Urmila did not play any prank on Lakshman much to everyone's shock and Laksh could not find Urmila to prank her.

Laksh felt incomplete today. Being in Mithila he realised one thing girls are not only limited to dolls and kitchen.
Sita and Urmila were different and they were meant to be afterall they are Rajrishi Janak's daughters.

Ram and Lakshman were moving through the corridor to the assembly hall to attend the proceedings of Rajrishi Janak and learn from him.
Ram felt Lakshman's gaze travelling here and there. He smirked remembering Lakshman's expression when he told him about Urmila being a sword fighter. He tried ignoring Ram's words but somehow could not control his glittering eyes. They were moving towards the assembly hall when they met Queen Sunaina on their way.

"Pranam" both of them greeted

"God bless you sons. Are you both heading to assembly hall? "

"Yes. Maharani" said Lakshman

"Ohh. That's great"

" Maharani can you tell me where is my sister? I haven't seen her since morning?" said Ram smirking mentally. From the corner of his eye he saw Laksh shift uncomfortably.

"Ohh yeah. Today we have a special guest in assembly for discussion . Sita and Urmila are preparing for that only. The person is very dear to them.

(any guesses guys??)

"That's great Maharani. May i know who that person is? " questioned Ram

"Of course Ram. Its MAHATAPASVINI GARGI. One of the most renowned scholar of Aryavrat. Also she is Sita and Urmila's guru. A pure feminist and Bhramachari. Purely straightforward. Sita and Urmila love her alot and she too loves them."

"Wow we are excited to meet her now."said Lakshman

"Of course she will be here after the assembly for debate with Urmila and Sita. You both can meet her personally"

"Thank you soo much Maharani"

Sunaina smiled and went away for her work.

"This Mithila trip is getting excited day by day " pointed Ram

"yeah. True!! I am excited to meet her. " confessed Laksh

"Me too! Let's go"

***********************************
Assembly hall

Raj Janak was sitting in the middle on his thronechair. To his left was King Dashrath followed by Ram and Lakshman. To his right was Kulguru Shatanand followed by Sita and Urmila.

"Attention! Attention!! Mahatapasvini Gargi Vachaknavi is entering the assembly. "

Then entered the ever elegant, the every gorgeous lady of the moment Gargi Vachaknavi. Decked in white blouse and skirt drapped with red cloth and a cream veil covering her bun with tulsi rosary in her neck and wrists. A kesar tilak to complete her look. She looked a classic lady.

Everyone in the room was mesmerised by her look and ever charming smile.

Rajrishi Janak went towards her direction to greet her. To which she greated back gracefully passing a beautiful smile to Urmila and Sita.