Chapter 26 - One Wrong move

Few kilometres away from the city of Ayodhya, encompassed by  gigantic trees all around in the dense forests stood the four enchantresses

Few kilometres away from the city of Ayodhya, encompassed by  gigantic trees all around in the dense forests stood the four enchantresses. Their backs were in contact, hair disheveled  each of them holding a sword and heavily panting 

"Didi, it seems like there is no end to their army. We have been fighting over an hour but they are just increasing." Mandavi declared

"Do we have any other choice apart from fighting? No, so let's do what we can at this moment." Sita announced.

With this the four of them once again started fighting the army, their moments were smooth and gracious, they were easily handling all the soldiers but after a point the never ending army was proving to be a trouble for the four sisters who were accompanied by a few soldiers.

SHRUTKIRTI'S  POV 

In order to fight properly, the four of us splitted. It was proving to be beneficial, even though I was tired but I was able to manage them easily. 

After a few tough hours of fighting, I relaxed seeing that no more soldiers are coming. Defeating the last few I finally sighed in relief, at that moment  I sensed some presence behind me. I immediately got alert. Two of the soldiers had escaped and attacked me from behind.

Somehow, I countered them and the duel started yet again. Realization dawned upon me that they are not normal soldiers but skilled warriors. I did not get even a second to stabilize and the two of them started attacking me simultaneously.

Obviously, they had an upper hand. I was not in the best of my grips, I was tired from fighting for the past two to three hours and most importantly two against one. My hands were painful but I cannot give up. With all my might I once again started.

Author's POV   

After putting up a great fight against the two warriors, Shrutkirti was tired like anything. Losing her sword she was moving back to escape when   she realized that she was on the edge of the cliff, the two men taking threatening steps towards her. They raised their sword to attack her and she closed her eyes tightly with fear.

"aah" one of them screamed

Shrutkirti opened her eyes only to see that an arrow had pierced the chest of the man who was about to attack her, he fell down dead.

"Don't you feel ashamed calling yourself warriors and defeating her by deceit" A bold voice made its presence.

Shrutkirti's eyes meet a pair of shiny, mischievous yet concerned eyes. From his attire Shrutkirti guessed that he must be the prince of Ayodhya.

She screamed as she felt a jerk, and a tight grip around her neck bringing both of them to reality. The other one had taken her in his captive.

A concerned Shatrughana immediately ran towards her direction. The man stretched out his sword. 

"Not a step prince, otherwise she will not be alive to see  your heroic stunts." he threatened

"What do you want?" Shatrughan screamed his eyes, not leaving kriti even for a second.

"Revenge! We will make you all pay." the man answered back with hatred evident in his voice.

"What?" a confused Shtrughana tried to process

The man started laughing

"Leave it! Right now my concern is this princess. What should I do with her? How should I use her for my benefit.   Such a skilled and beautiful lady she is." he said in a flirty tone with a smirk trying to pull her close to his chest while Kriti kept struggling in his hold

Shatrughan's blood boiled listening to his words.

"I will make sure today is your last day." Shatrughan roared

"Calm down prince, I still haven't decided what I will do with her. If you want I can just leave her" he said pushing Shrutkirti towards the edge.

"No!" Shatrughan screamed. He realised that he had to be very careful, one wrong move and Kriti could lose her life.

With tears filled eyes Kriti looked towards him pleadingly, and he felt like a thousand arrows pierced his heart.

"Drop all your weapons right now" the man snapped back.

Unwillingly, he dropped his weapons and raised his hands.

"Leave her. Take me as your captive instead. I swear I won't even move. Just leave her." Shatrughan pleaded.

"Ohoo! So much concern for someone whom you haven't even met? I am indeed impressed."the man dramatically said while Shatrughan stood there helpless.

"The option is good but why should I trust you?" he added while Kriti gave him a no look

"Raghuvanshi hun mai! Humare pratha hai PRAN JAI PAR VACHAN NA JAI!" Shatrughan remarked proudly in a bold voice.(I am a Raghuvanshi. We are ready to give up our lives just to save our promise)

Shatrughan's offer successfully lured the man. He started thinking that that the King would be happy if he could bring him Ayodha's prince as a hostage. He was so lost in his thoughts that he forgot about Kriti for a moment.

Taking advantage of the moment, Kriti stomped on his foot and then kicked him in his stomach. He lost his balance and Kriti ran towards Shatrughan. The man immediately stabled himself and with his sword ran behind her with anger. 

Shtrughan took his sword and ran towards  Kriti. The man was near her and was about to attack her with his sword,  he pulled Kriti towards him and in a fit of rage with a swift move beheaded the man.

Kriti was facing Shatrughan because of which she was unable to see the beheading. But, the blood droplets which fell on her back and Shatrughan's face were enough to scare her. She turned around and seeing his lower body separated from his head scared her to core. For Kriti was the softest one at heart. 

Shatrughan noticed this and shook her "It's alright rajkumari!  He deserved this. Are you alright?"

Kriti was disturbed but she was not the one who would lose her senses easily. She immediately sobered up and  nodded after which Shatrughan took her to a safe spot. 

........................☆.........................☞
Helloooooo Peps!!! So, this was chapter 26.

I hope you like it.

Was it any good? Do give your views.

Any favorite part?

if you liked the chapter then do vote and comment.

Okas!Tata!!