Chapter 27- Bad omen

Ayodhya

Ayodhya

An anxious Sumitra paced towards Keikey's chamber the moment she got the news that she was back from the  Mahakali temple. There was an ancient Goddess Kali temple here at Ayodhya and the royal family had firm belief in whatever the lady who used to reside over there predicted. From years every thing the care takers of the temple used to say has turned to be the truth.

Whenever a problem has befallen upon the royal family, they have always found the solution there.

She entered the chamber, it was dark no diyas, no candles not even a single lamp was lit.

"Didi" Sumitra whispered as her heart  sensed some bad news which she did not want to accept.

She noticed a vague figure on the bed and she knew it was Keikeyi. Immediately she rushed to her side and shaked her.

"Didi, what did Shelija say? What can she sense?"

Keikeyi huffed and sighed and finally looked at Sumitra.

"First tell me how is Maharani Sunaina? Is there any news about the ptincesses? Have the kids reached them?" She questioned taking Sumitra's hands in her's .

"She is absolutely fine didi. Kaushalya didi is with her.She is indeed a very strong lady. And looking at her I know the princesses must be strong too. And yes we got an update that the four of them along with the army have reached the spot. Don't worry soon they will be here all safe and sound." Sumitra tried to assure Keikeyi, while a single tear rolled down her eyes.

"Now answer me didi. Why are you so anxious. What did she say? Everything will be fine na?" A scared Sumitra questioned.

"You left so abruptly when the children left. What's the matter?" Sumitra added her voice sounding like a muffled scream.

"I was sensing  bad omen from a very long time. That day when the chandelier fell on Ram and Shatughan, I felt like I lost everything. I can face everything but nothing should happen to my sons Sumitra. Nothing" Keikeyi sobbed and hugged Sumitra while the latter was shocked seeing her in this condition.

"Jiji, trust me nothing will happen to our sons. Have faith in Mahadev, he will never let anything bad happen to us." Sumitra declared holding her shoulders firmly.

"But...but....that prediction which Shelija did?" Keikeyi asked stuttering.

"What prediction?" Sumitra asked cautiously

Keikeyi started describing her the meeting she had with Shelija.

"Listen to me carefully oh queen, over the coming weeks Raghuvansh is going to face some of the toughest phase. Kal naach raha hai Raghuvansh par.( Something terrible is going to happen.) You have to stay strong for the upcoming events. Everyone needs to stay careful and strong especially the Scions of Raghuvansh or the kul might lose someone. I can sense some protection but we don't know who it is and effective it is."