Chapter 21- Pearls Of Wisdom

Maharani Sunaina rushed towards her chamber " Oh Lord! Maharaj is running late for Sabha today.I don't understand, why didn't he go to Sabha today?"

She entered her chamber and the sight in front of her just shocked her, Rajrishi Janak insted of attending the sabha, is freely chilling in his room. " Maharaj, What kind of a behaviour is this? does it suits you? Acting like a child, you are missing  Sabha just for chilling around in the room? What has gotten into you today? Earlier also you used to behave like a kid but this one is not done!You know how shocked I was , when the dasi informed m........"

"Sunaina!Sunaina! Before bombing me with your questions, atleast listen to me." Janak said making a puppy face. 

"I don't think there will any reasonable explanation for such an act, but still if you want,  go ahead" Sunaina said in an unamused tone.

"Okay! Don't listen to my explanation, just come with me" and unwillingly she followed Janak.

"Why are you taking me towards the sabha?'

"Patience! My Queen! Patience! Just follow me"

At the gates of the sabha, when the announcer was going to announce their arrival, Rajrishi sushed him. They both entered the Rajyasabha. While Janak stood their with crossed arms, Sunaina stood there with a sense of pride for her four gems. Her dolls grew up and now are fulfilling their responsibilities.

At the centre of the sabha , gracing the grandiose king's chair, sat the eldest Janaknandini, her sisters gracing  her either side and a few ministers of Mithila. A few people crowding them and it was quite visible that they were having some serious discussion. Rajrishi Janak positioned himself near Maharani Sunaina's ear and whispered "Forgot? Today is people's day! I wanted them to interact with people, understand their problems and find a solution for their people."

Sunaina nodded  and gave a flying kiss with both her hands towards their direction. Hand in hand the couple was adoring their gems, when Sita stood up and moved towards the podium to address the people.

"A very Good Afternoon everyone! Today is a very special day for me and my sisters. Since our  childhood we have always seen my father and my uncle conducting this People's Day once every six month. Let me tell you a secret. We four have always attended this Sabha and heard different problems which people face.  You know whenever we used to go back to our rooms, we used to spend ample amount of time discussing about the problems and try to find solutions but one of us always found a loophole and then dejected we used to visit pitashree to find answers to our questions. Pitashree always said without proper education we will never be able to come up with a proper solution without any loopholes. Then, we started our journey at Maharishi Yagyavalkya' ashram under his and Mata Gargi's guidance. this year we finally completed our education. 

Today, we were given the opportunity to interact with you all, listen to your problems and find solutions. After interacting with you all, the major problems we figured out are

# Problems faced during the dry seasons in agriculture sector. We understand that you have to travel alot to the shores of Ganges, for irrigation.

# The widows of our valiant soldiers feel dependent on the country to fulfill their needs from the pension.

#Non effective usage and wastage of grains this year.

Right?" she questioned  to which the crowd responded with a Yes.

" So, Now my sisters will address the solutions one by one. Starting with Shrutakirti" Sita announced and moved to her seat.

Shrutakirti made her way towards the podium. "Good afternoon to everyone present here. I will not be taking much of your time. The first problem we discussed was Problems faced during the dry seasons in Agriculture sector. Over the years, we have noticed that the no of wells across the state are proving to be less as more people are taking Agriculture for livelihood. We all know about the Drastic drought Mithila faced, and this made us more conscious about Water. The current number of wells are not able to fulfill the domestic as well as agricultural needs. As a result of which people have to move to Ganges shore to collect water. After a lot of discussions, we have decided to come up with the scheme to increase the no of wells across the state......"