Dance patners and confessions

After a few days, the Slytherins and Hufflepuff were assembled in a classroom. Slytherins sat on the right side as Hufflepuff's sat on the left.

Professor Sprout was trying to silence the badgers and snakes but was failing miserably, when professor Snape, Arnold, and Crouch SR.  came striding in everybody settled down,

 " on the day of Yule Ball, Dress robes will be worn, and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then —The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to — er — let our hair down. But that does NOT mean, that we will be relaxing the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Slytherin student embarrasses the school in any way, I will have you all thrown in the black lake if I see any kind of misbehavior. Now we need volunteers from both the houses " Snape's eyes wondered around, all Cassiopeia could think was please don't be me.

" Why don't we have the champions demonstrate " Cassiopeia looked at Snape in disbelief he raised his eyebrows at her, and she saw Arnold laughing slightly, Draco and Theodore were annoyed, while Daphne and Blaise were squealing.

On the other hand, Cedric was in shock, he was giddy internally and Timothy was also annoyed.
Cedric stood up and Cassiopeia was pushed by Blaise.

Cedric asked for her hand and she placed it in his. It was very warm and comfortable for Cassiopeia, for Cedric he was very nervous, he had to impress her with the dance, he was aware that being from practically a royal family, Cassiopeia would be a brilliant dancer and so she was, she swayed with elegance and helped Cedric in not making fool of himself, he didn't step on her feet and didn't let her fall during the lift.

As the dance ended, McGonagall also joined the group and was highly appreciated by the champions. They nodded and settled back.

Soon when they were out of the hall,  Cassiopeia was talked with Arnold about Moody not setting right with her, she had her suspicions, Arnold told her that he shared her concerns and that was the main reason he was there in the first place, dark activities had been occurring in many areas.

The conversation was fresh in her mind, she wasn't able to think of anything else but the return of her father, she imagined what he would say to her when they'll meet, will she be what he expects, the trails of thoughts were broken by a voice 

"CASSIOPEIA ARTEMIS BLACK!!!" 

Cedric approached her out of breath 

"I have been calling you continuously for the past 10  mins Cass what were you thinking"

Cassiopeia let out a sigh " Sorry Cedric, how Can I help you"

he scratched the back of his neck and spoke in a shy manner

"Could teach me how to waltz" she snorted a laugh 

"well truth be told you need to learn, but why me, ask Timothy, I am positive he must know" he rolled his eyes

"of course he does, he said it feels weird holding my waist and stuff" Cassiopeia let out another laugh 

"Fine, I'll teach you but let me check with Theo first"

His smile faltered, but shook his head and replied 

"great"

Later at lunch everyone was having a conversation about who they were taking to the ball, on her way over Cassiopeia and Daphne had been asked a fair amount of times by drumstrang boys and Hogwarts boys as she settled down in her usual place she noticed that there was missing, she asked Draco but he just smirked, she grew more suspicious, but let it drop.