Powers and the prisoner

Cassiopeia was standing in front of Regulus. She took slow steps towards him while withdrawing a dagger from her hand. The dagger appeared in her hand as it melted out of her blood.

 Regulus picked a dagger from the table a blocked her, Cassiopeia was now pumping with adrenaline as she used wandless magic to put his hand on the wall as she approached him and stopped near his chest and had a victorious smirk on her face. 

" Huh! Look at that " " ok Cassie you have done a brilliant job this time, remember you have to control your powers. Think of a wall around your head when you feel anger or hate " " dad why can't I just constrict the powers and make them passive "

 " no sweetheart that will result in an obscurious"  " yeah, I get it but what if-" Regulus smiled sadly and put hands on Cassie's shoulder, 

" you are not him Cassiopeia you look like your mum and not him, you don't feel the need to kill those who are inferior to you, yes you do have personality traits like him, you speak, talk, walk with a mannerism which speaks elegance and superiority but that doesn't mean that your beliefs are same, he didn't raise to be the beautiful and brilliant lady you are, I did. And I know my Cassiopeia, I know that I am not your father by birth but you will always be my little girl  "

 " I know dad, I am very lucky that I have you, I love you so much " " I love you too sweetheart ".

The pair went to the dining hall for breakfast. It was Cassiopeia's birthday and her Hogwarts letter has also arrived.

The Malfoys had sent Cassiopeia a beautiful dress. Daphne and pansy had sent her a present which had different perfumes. Blaise sent her a beautiful bracelet and Draco had sent her a humongous stock of her favorite chocolate. Theodore sent Cassiopeia platinum locked with a snake around the heart. The locket opened to a photo of Theodore giving her a piggyback ride to the lake. She remembered the picture was taken by Blaise.

Cassiopeia was going back to her room when she out of nowhere started staring at the portrait of 3 young black siblings, she did looks like her mother, Cassiopeia thought. 

A memory came to the mind of her visit the Grimmauld Place when entered her mother's room

Artemis Black

She entered the room and noted that it was kept clean and just the same. Regulus loved his sister and brother so much that he never even placed a finger on a thing without a tear falling down his cheek. Regulus never showed any emotion in his whole life he learned that at a very small age just like his little girl.

Cassiopeia found a memory Box and opened it. It had many pictures of Artemis, playing quidditch, sitting by the black lake, Cassiopeia recognized her group of friends as James Potter, her uncle Sirius and Lilly Potter neè Evans, but she didn't recognize a tiny boy behind her uncle with a mouse-like face, and another tall boy with dirty blond hair and piercing brown eyes sitting with a book in his lap with Artemis laughed at him. 

The boy had many scars on his body.
Cassiopeia found a silver locket in the box which had a picture of her mother being side hugged by the same tall boy with their cheeks pressed, he held her so tightly that he was afraid that if he let go she might not come back they were smiling the biggest smiles they could make.

Then there were a bunch of other pictures with Theodore's mother Cassandra and a boy, he was strikingly good looking and very familiar, one of the pictures felt personal so she decided to stop digging out anymore  

This picture bought confusion in Cassiopeia's mind. Soon she heard "Cassie sweetheart come down" "a minute dad" she replied and took the locket with her that had a tall scar-faced boy in it 

She went down the hall and found her father pacing the parlor he looked stressed, Cassiopeia's eyes landed on the copy of today's daily profits and she was in shock

"Sirius has escaped Azkaban, I have no idea where might go, being his stubborn self won't come home " 

 " ministry thinks that he's going after Potter boy and knowing him he will look for Harry to find James in him " regulus's jaw clenched while saying his name, Cassiopeia was aware of the dislike held towards Potter as he replaced regulus in Sirius's life.

"Sirius and his friends were animagi for a reason, illegal might I add, and so was your mother. If you see a large black dog roaming around just go to Dumbledore and no one else, by no one I mean no one " 

" ok dad, I'll be careful, but can you tell me who this is " Cassiopeia handed the locket to regulus,  he looked at the locket and told her

 " that is Remus Lupin your mother's best friend, they were very close throughout their lives, he is your godfather dear " "oh really, why haven't I met him " " Arty's death was too much for him, sweetheart he couldn't stay here, I offered him to the job too so he could be closer to you, but dear he had really strong reasons to go away, he's a good lad, why don't you keep it safe with you "  Cassiopeia nodded with a hint of a smile.

" Now go start packing we have to be off tomorrow"

" Good night dad " " good night Princess " with a Kiss on her forehead Cassiopeia was off to bead.