The Very Beginning

30th July 1981
Dark Manor

Regulus black knelt in front of his sister and looked at his 1-year-old niece, the baby looked so peaceful and calm, she reassembled her mother so much just except the eyes were her father's not the grey eyes that are dominant trait of a black. 

Artemis called her brother's attention she said " keep her safe Reggie, she only has you he could never love me but he adores his daughter and will go to any extent to get her back to him. She is so beautiful, promise me Reggie you will give her the love she deserves, protect her from the darkness within and make her learn to brace herself. I don't have time. Someone is coming to take her away from us, I don't have much time " 

a tear escaped from regulus's eye and down his cheek

 " don't arty please don't say that we can trust him he'll help her and keep her safe from her father " regulus begged his sister the bundle in his arms twisted, the baby opened her eyes and the hazel eyes were now twinkling towards her uncle.

 Artemis  continued " no reg her father won't hurt her and I'll never trust the man he'll use her and manipulate her she won't be left without a choice if she comes under his protection but plays as a pawn in his stupid games, he'll use her, just promise me reg and take her away and remind her that her mother and her uncles love her dearly"

Regulus replied " I promise arty, I'll love more than anything in the world, there won't a day that goes by when she won't know that her mum loved her and her uncles will be there for her, whatever happens, I'll protect her, I love you arty. I am sorry it turned out to be this way, I wish you had more time with the both of us, I'll help her learn and control her powers, I love you arty, Sirius does too even if he's not here and he pretends he's doesn't care but he loves her just as much when he'll find out about her " 

he looked at the baby in his arms with adoration once more falling in love with every passing second. " I love you too Reggie, now take her to go " Artemis turned to her baby girl " I love you sweetheart whether you are Delphine Cassiopeia Riddle or Cassiopeia Artemis Black, just remember mama loves you, in his way your father does too ". Regulus gave his sister one last look and kissed her forehead and apparated to 12 Grimmauld place.

10 years later

Black Manor

The sun was shining bright piercing through the light white curtains of the enormous and beautiful room. For an 11-year-old's room, it was very neat and tidy and well designed with a huge chandelier in the middle of a   four-poster bed. 

Cassiopeia was woken up by the voice of her father regulus wishing her a very happy birthday, little Cassie tackled him in a bear hug and was peppered with kisses. Cassiopeia ran downstairs and started digging through the pile of gifts, regulus laughed heartily at her excitement and giddiness for a moment he was reminded of his sister and the thought saddened him that she wasn't here, 

Salazar, missed his elder siblings, either of the twins used to pack the other inside a box and they burst out and give him a heart attack on his birthday. Cassie noticed the look on her father's face, "dad are you okay, you seem a bit distant " regulus was brought back by Cassie's voice " I am okay darling, by the way, I guess I have a letter for you " Cassiopeia was thrilled to hear that she the letter on the coffee table and the Hogwarts seal and read the letter.
Regulus was excited that she will experience the Hogwarts life scared that it was time she knew the truth.