Underwater world.

"So Jordan you're dating Tia?" Reece asked as we gathered around the breakfast counter eating bacon. Jordan's eyes widened and darted to me.

"No. Shh. Who told you that?" He always was a bad liar.

"Oh, Liam said you had a thing going on." Reece shoved another slice of bacon into her mouth and chewed innocently while Jordan shot daggers through his eyes at me.

"Thanks for that Liam." He said sarcastically.

"Why are you keeping it a secret?" Ben asked.

Jordan shrugged. "Dunno, she said I'll embarrass her or some shit like that." We all burst out laughing.

"She's not telling anyone because she's ashamed of you?" Zak questioned through his laughter.

"Fuck off." Jordan laughed, throwing a slice of bacon at him. "Come on, lets go join the girls." He grabbed a freezer box from the side and waved us on to follow.

A blast of warm air hit me in the face the second I stepped out from the glass doors. The atmosphere felt dry and clear heat waves danced above the Earth. The girls were already outside, relaxing on sun loungers. I glanced at Olivia for a split second before turning away from her.

But then my mind processed what she was wearing and I had no choice but to look again, on impulse. Her body was almost completely on show except for the slither of gold metallic material that made up her bikini. She was tanned, toned and curved in the most beautiful places. Her body was a work of art, one I haven't had the chance to admire since we were last intimate.

You shouldn't be admiring it at all, you're not together anymore.

Her legs looked long and smooth, reflecting the light with a shine probably caused by her sun lotion. One lay flat against the sun lounger and the other bent at the knee. There was a small silver ankle bracelet around her foot and her cute little toes were painted a pale pink colour.

Her back naturally arched off the lounger, making her body seem tight and I smiled to myself when I noticed the sweet, tiny freckle to the left of her belly button.

She was perfect in every way, I couldn't find fault and trust me I've looked. Her eyes remained hidden behind over sized sunglasses but the positioning of her face indicated that she was looking right at me. Watching me as I ruthlessly checked her out.

Shit.

I pulled my eyes away, lowering my head to try and hide the blush crawling into my face, exposing my embarrassment.

"Jordan!" Tia screeched. She grabbed a towel and started wiping away the splash that Jordan caused to land on her body by running and jumping into the lake, showing off with a back flip on the way down, of course.

"Tire swing?" Ben asked us but I shook my head, declining the offer although I really wanted to get in that lake right about now, because seeing Olivia like that made things even hotter out here.

Both Reece and Zak joined him though, taking on daring challenges that looked dangerous, but fun. Awkwardly I sat down on the empty lounger beside the girls and popped the lid off a beer, I'm pretty sure none them wanted me there. Everything between us seemed so tense now.

"Why aren't you going in?" Tia asked me.

Shit.

Because the water is dangerous. It's like a new world, one that comes with a different set of rules to those on land. People possessed by the blanket of turquoise do strange things, like jump on each others backs or fight with you playfully like holding onto your limbs or pulling you underwater is fun. To the average person it probably is fun, but to someone who is already drowning before they've even stepped foot in the water, it's terrifying.