Find Olive-ve-ya.

My hand trembled uncontrollably as I held the phone against my ear calling her continuously. Jordan drove well over the speed limit to her house and each time her phone went straight to voicemail.

"Tell me again what she said." This was the tenth time I had asked him to relay the conversation, each time hoping he remembers something helpful but his answer always remained the same.

"Hacks diner has a new menu item and she wants you to take her there for the strawberry milkshake. The sooner the better." He told me, not sounding the least bit irritated at my continuous asking, instead he sounded like he shared my hope of remembering something helpful.

"Okay, think." I slapped my forehead in efforts to knock some sense into myself. "Hacks diner, you heard of it?" He shook his head. And I pulled out my phone to google it. Nothing came up or at least nothing in our remote area. "The diners fake, it must be a clue."

"Hacks diner." Jordan muttered thoughtfully. He tapped his thumb against the steering wheel and ran through the second red light.

His phone rang over the Bluetooth speaker and he hit the green phone to accept. "Tia, when was the last time you spoke to Olive?" He asked without even greeting her.

"Uhm, last night. Why?" There was a calm curiosity to her voice and I felt sick to my stomach.

"She's missing." I told her, the sound of her giggle filled the car from the Bluetooth speaker and that made me furious.

"She's not missing, my mom spoke to her a couple of hours ago. They ran into each other at the mini mart."  I looked at Jordan and he looked at me.

"Which one?" Jordan asked.

"The one on Brett Street." Tia told us just as we pulled up outside Livs house.

"Okay thanks bye." Jordan said quickly, hanging up the phone before Tia could even say goodbye.

I practically jumped out of the car, praying over and over again in my mind that Olivia was inside. That she would be sitting at her computer desk typing away or doing whatever it is that she does on the computer.

My whole mouth was dry as I knocked on the door, I could feel my heart beating everywhere on my body. It was in my head, in my chest, in my mouth. My fear was unbearable.

Please be home. Please be home.

"Hello Liam, is everything okay, you seem a little out of sorts." Her mom stood in the door way smiling politely at me. She didn't look worried. She seemed perfectly content. Maybe Olivia was home after all.

"Mrs Charles, is Olivia home?" Her eyes darted to Jordan for a few seconds before returning to me.

"No I'm afraid I don't know where she is. I sent her out this morning for milk but she must have got tied up. I assumed she was with you but apparently not, she is probably at Tias house."

I looked at Jordan and again he looked at me. "I'm calling the police." I told him and pulled my phone out of my pockets ignoring the questions from Olivia's mom who was utterly confused and alarmed that I had suggested calling the cops.

"Mrs Charles, I'm Jordan, Olives friend may we come in?" Her mom nodded her head and stepped aside. He took a seat on her sofa but I paced the room, too nervous to sit still.

"I want to report a missing person." I told the call operator after waiting a lifetime for them to get their act together.

"Would you like to report a missing child?" They replied.

"No. Adult. But I need your patrol officers out now looking for her." My voice was stern and harsh. I could hear the mutterings of Jordan and Jenette in the background but I wasn't listening to anything they were saying.

"Sir please calm down. We will have an officer with you shortly but I'm going to need to take some details from you first. What is the name of the missing person? When and where was she last seen? What was she wearing at the time?"

"Olivia Charles, a couple of hours ago at the mini mart on Brett Street and I don't know the answer for the last one but I am sure I can find out."

"Sir, this girl has been missing just a couple of hours and is not a minor or vulnerable adult?"

"Yes that is correct."

"I'm sorry sir but we are unable to help you at this time. We are only able to log a missing person if they have been missing for twenty four hours at the earliest. Please call back then and I send my sincere wishes that your friend returns back home safely soon."

The line went dead.

"The line went fucking dead!" I screamed, launching my phone across the room until we all heard a smash as it landed.

"Liam." Jordan said softly and then titled his head discretely towards Olivias mom.

"Sorry." I muttered, taking a seat on the lone chair. "Mrs Charles, I think Olivia is missing. She rang me and said something about hacks diner, does that mean anything to you?"

Her mom looked puzzled momentarily but then shook her head. Then she offered me a small smile. "Liam I understand that you're worried about her but she has only been gone for a couple of hours, I'm sure she's fine. Probably ran into one of her friends and went for a catch up. She will likely be home soon."

"Maybe Mrs Charles is right Liam. I think we acted a little hasty on this one, strawberry milkshake... it's not a lot to go on. Olive-" his eyes flicked nervously to her mom "ve-ya is probably fine." My eyes narrowed at him. He was sitting ridiculously straight, holding his posture like he was trying to impress her mom, he pronounced his words perfectly and what was with him saying her full name. It sounded weird.

"You boys feel free to wait, you can go up to her room and I'll fix you something to eat and drink." Her mom continued.

"Hacks diner." I asked "it doesn't mean anything to you then?" Her mom shook her head and Jordan rolled his eyes.

"Liam, Olive is fine." Jordan spoke softly, like he didn't want to rattle the cage of a sleeping beast. He cleared his throat "Olivia." He corrected. At this point even her mom looked at him strangely.

"I can't explain it. I can just feel it in my bones. Something isn't right and if the police aren't going to help find her I will. Give me your phone." Jordan sighed but handed it over. I tried ringing Olivia again and again but each time had no success.

"Try it with an X" Jordan muttered.

"X?" I questioned.

"Google Hax diner with an X" As soon as I had typed the word out my mind clicked into place and I honestly felt like I was going to throw up.

"You think she said Hax because it rhymes with Jax?" I looked up at the blank faces in front of me. They both sort of just shrugged.

"Who is Jax? Jax diner? I haven't heard of that either." Jordan spoke like he was trying hard to piece together the jigsaw puzzle. But her mom remained mute, I think at this point we had lost her interest and she was just letting us get on with it. She honestly truly believed her daughter was fine and I think Jordan lost his urgency as well, settling on her moms story.

I was completely alone in this idea that Liv was crying out for our help and if I decoded her message correctly and she was in fact with Jax then this was worse than I ever imagined possible.

"Come on Jord,we gotta go pay a visit to my mom."