Strawberry Milkshake.

"You suck Liam!" I pressed harder on the PlayStation remote, hitting his player with my axe and dodging out of the way of his attacks. Absentmindedly my own body moved in the direction I wanted my pixilated character to go.

"Don't suck too bad now do I?" I teased as his player screen filled up with the word 'DEFEATED' in bold capitals.

"Lucky." He scoffed. He got up and poured himself a drink of Diet Coke. My eyes slowly trailed the length of his body and he spluttered from within his glass.

"Are you checking me out?" He laughed once he got through his initial coughing.

"I'm just thinking, you're gonna get fat you know?" He arched one eyebrow but the amusement didn't fall from his face. "Dad bod" I clarified. He looked down at himself, contemplating the idea for a few seconds and then flipped me the bird.

"Liam you wouldn't believe the shit this baby has caused. We argue about everything and it's not even here." Jordan flopped down next to me in his seat.

"Like what? She's only been pregnant five minutes." I took a sip from my can and set it back down on the table. He hesitated before answering me and I wondered why because he has always forthcoming with me.

"If it's a girl she's talking about female genital mulitation." He chewed on the inside of his cheek and I could see this was really bothering him but I had no idea what he was talking about.

"Female what?" I asked, screwing my whole face up with confusion.

"Nothing, forget I said anything." He picked up the play station remote again and pressed resume on a new fight. I leaned over and pressed pause again.

"No, go on." I encouraged. He sighed and chewed down on his cheek again.

"Female genital mulitation. She keeps saying her parents will demand it and I keep telling her that her parents aren't having this baby. It's what they do in her culture apparently. But in my opinion it's wrong. It's so very wrong."

"What is it?" I asked, not able to keep up with his conversation.

"It's when they remove... stuff." He gestured down to his crotch and I think that confused me even more, what do they remove?

"And they do this to babies?" I asked assuming it was the female equivalent to circumcision.

"Mostly."

"I think... if it's a culture thing you need to respect her culture. It's your babies culture too after all. They circumcise babies at birth all the time and it doesn't impact anything." He shook his head, clearly he didn't like my answer.

"No liam. This is a pointless procedure. It takes away all or some of the outer parts of her genitals, like her clitoris. She's a baby she can't consent to that. Plus it could cause all sorts of health problems. It's not right, not unless she decides she wants it done for herself when she's old enough to understand."

"Wait, so if Tias parents are likely to try and force you into it does that mean they made Tia get it done?" Jordan stilled for a moment and then picked up my can of Coke and drunk from it, ignoring the question and keeping his eyes on mine. I realised what I had just asked and shook my head at myself.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to ask such an invasive question. I'm just trying to understand. I've never heard of this before." He nodded his head "I think Tia will know what is the right thing to do in this situation. If she makes that decision for herself then you need to respect that. If it's her parents trying to make the decision then fuck them, they don't get a say." He shook his head again.