A midnight dip.

The house was bathed in silence, except for the distant snores from Zak's room which sounded like a lawnmower down a microphone. I chugged back the cool glass of water alone in the dark kitchen.

The only light was coming from the screen of my cell as I hopelessly flicked through all of the old pictures in my photo app. Back then we looked so happy, I want to say it was easier but it wasn't. Letting her in was actually one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but it was the most rewarding.

I pulled out the friendship bracelet she gave me and twirled it around my fingertips. I need to feel close to her again.

I grabbed my jacket from the side and shrugged it on, leaving out of the backdoor and making my way through the trees. A warm breeze kissed my skin, the air was dewy and humid but I enjoyed the sound of the night time animals, the rustle of the trees and of course the trickle from the close by waterfall.

The moonlight reflected on the waters surface, it was a small circular pool with a cascading waterfall creating small wrinkles in the water. I loved coming here, it was serene and peaceful but the now the memories make it even more beautiful.

I've come a long way and my journey is not over. My life is battle after battle and for a while I forgot what I was fighting for. But now I know, I'm fighting for her. For us.

"Truth or dare?"

I spun around on the spot, realizing I wasn't alone out here. She startled me and my heart raced but when my eyes found hers a small smile tugged at the corner of my lips.

"Dare." I said with complete confidence.

Her eyes glowed with mischief and a flutter of butterflies erupted low down in my stomach.

"Strip." She repeated the dare I was given earlier.

I froze for a second, thinking over what she was asking of me. I still had bruises, bruises she hadn't seen. The damage that I did to myself was going to be visible for her to see if I removed my clothes.

It's nothing she hasn't seen before Liam.

I hooked my fingers into the waistband of my jeans, unhooking the button and lowering them down to the floor, kicking off my shoes before removing them completely. She raised her eyebrows at my t.shirt, ordering me to remove that as well.

I lingered my gaze on hers, asking her if she was sure without using any words. She kept her soft eyes on me, waiting patiently. So after taking a deep, encouraging breath I started pulling the material of my t.shirt higher.

Her eyes fell all over my bare skin. Looking at the disgrace of colour in front of her with sympathy and lack of understanding. Her hand darted forward, aiming to trace over my marks but on instinct I backed away, not ready.

"uh uh." I said shaking my head.

I felt awkward. Exposed. Just standing there in my grey boxer shorts like an idiot in the middle of the forest. Did she just want to see my bruises?

"Truth or Dare?" I asked her, hoping she would play along.

Her brows furrowed but then a smile appeared on her lips. "Dare." She uttered.

I gave my cocky smile. "Strip." I copied, two can play at this game.

Her teeth sank into the plumpness of her bottom lip, drawing my attention to her mouth. Those lips drive me crazy. She grabbed the edge of her hoodie and pulled it over her head, revealing a red lacy bra underneath. I remember the set well, the ones I fondled from her top drawer.

She kept her seductive eyes hooked on mine the whole time she slowly shimmied out of her jeans. Intentionally moving her hips rhythmically, almost like a dance. I could feel myself getting turned on and standing in just my boxer shorts left me nowhere to hide it.