Pregnancy.

"So Zak is gay, Liam is famous, I'm a dad and Ben is still Ben. I feel like we entered an alternate universe." Jordan rambled as we collected up more firewood. I shook my head at him and rolled my eyes.

"If we entered an alternate universe wouldn't I mount to something more than 'just Ben.'" We all looked at him blankly.

"No you will always be 'just Ben' in every universe." Jordan said mockingly.

"The boobs definitely got bigger." Zak pointed out.

"Don't pretend you know what you're talking about Zak. A girl puts her boobs in your face but you're too busy dreaming it's a dick." Jordan teased.

"Fuck off" Zak laughed.

"I'm gonna say it again even though I know you won't listen... just. ask. her." I muttered slowly.

"Or get the beers out and see if she refuses. Pregnant people can't drink." Jordan pointed his finger excitedly at Zaks suggestion and I guess that won over mine.

We headed back to camp, the girls hadn't left their spots around the campfire. I scooted across the log and positioned myself next to Olivia. Her face looked to be in distress and her arm clutched her tummy, she let out a small groan.

"Are you okay?" I asked with concern. She nodded her head but it didn't convince me. "What is up?" I tried again. She shook her head, telling me with no words that nothing was up.

"She's been holding her pee in for hours and she won't go. She's gonna get a water infection." Lola spilled her secrets earning herself a very stern look from Olivia.

"Why won't you just go?" I laughed.

"I'm fine." She sucked in her lips but that didn't stop her throat from making a pained sound. Her leg bounced up and down, unable to keep herself still and she honestly must have been miserable, uncomfortable and desperate for a pee.

I stood up and took her hand, pulling her to her feet. Thankfully she couldn't protest because she was too focused on her bladder. I walked her away from the crowd, disappearing into the bushes to make her go. She needed to stop being so shy and just pee outdoors like everybody else, either that or I drive her miles to find a restroom and I really much preferred the former option.

It took some convincing and maybe a little tickling but I managed to get her to go. When we returned back to the campfire the beer bottles were being passed around and Zak shot me a knowing smile.

"Have you heard this Liam? Tia doesn't want to drink." Jordan exclaimed, he was making her smell his beer and judging by the grimace on her face she wasn't impressed.

"It smells disgusting and my stomach isn't up to drinking right now. I think I had a bad burger or something." Ben laughed and then covered his laughter with his hand and I sighed, this was all getting out of hand now.

"When you say you had a burger, would you say you craved the burger?" Zak inquired, causing Ben to laugh harder. Zak tried to hold back on his own laughter but Jordan genuinely seemed eager to hear Tias reply.

"I cooked some brownies!" Lola called out, bringing a plastic tub over from Jordan's car. She gave us all a sly smile that told us exactly what ingredients she had put inside the brownies. And we all smirked at one another as the chocolatey goodness was passed around. Olivia grabbed one straight away.

"Are you sure you want that?" I asked, knowing full well she was far too innocent to even contemplate the idea that Lola had put pot in her brownies.

"Of course she does Liam, leave her alone. We don't body shame here." Jordan said with a smirk, he took a brownie and bit into it. I felt like telling him to concentrate on his own girlfriend and leave me to mine but she had already bitten into her brownie.

"Yeah Liam, leave her alone." Lola added as Liv was halfway through her brownie. I suppose if she was going to unwillingly consume weed the best place she could do it would be around people who she trusted, people who would keep her safe.

"But you don't." Jordan yanked the brownie out of Tias hand just as she was about to take a bite. I physically cringed with second hand embarrassment. Tia was getting more and more wound up by him, it was obvious in her furious face.

"What the fuck is wrong with you today?" She snapped. I nervously glanced at Zak and Ben who were watching the argument unfold.

Don't ask her now. Don't ask her now.

"They're pot brownies." Jordan admitted. Olivia spat out the last remains of her second brownie and her eyes widened in complete horror. "Do you still want one or is there a particular reason why you can't have it? Because you know if there's a particular reason you can't have it... Like you're allergic or something I'll not eat one too. I'll not drink either. If you can't, I can't."

Stop. Shit. Don't ask her now, not when everyone is here listening.

We all stared at Tia, holding our breaths. Jordan, me, Ben, Zak that is. Olivia was muttering things under her breath, completely oblivious to what was going on and Lola was just enjoying her brownies. But the guys held their breath, assessing Tias reaction. Waiting for her answer.

"I don't want- what are you all looking at me like that for?" Her mood was as toxic as acid rain. We ought to leave them in private but there was nowhere to go. We ought to look away and yet we were so invested in this answer we couldn't.

"Your boobs are bigger!" Jordan screeched.

Shit, no.

"You have been for a pee like five times, I counted." He screamed again.

Not like this, stop, talk to her alone.

Zak looked at me with wide eyes asking what we should do to help him but he was already in the moment. There was nothing we could do.

"You won't drink, you won't eat a pot brownie, your tummy feels off, you craved burgers." He started listing things frantically, yet half of the things he listed I don't actually think were true to the argument. She never admitted to craving burgers and he wouldn't let her have the brownie. He was making a fool of himself. She exaggerated a yawn and Zak gasped loudly. Tiredness.

"See!" Jordan claimed, pointing his finger in her face.

"I'm too tired for this." She muttered, ignoring his outbursts.

"Tia! Your period app alerted me today that you're late and not by a day, by like a week! You're pregnant!" He shouted loudly making everyone now stop what they were doing and focus on the argument.

Oh no.

"Well." She said, standing herself up. Her face was like thunder and it was directed at every single one of us. Shit. "Let me educate all of you idiots. Sometimes periods are not regular. When you're on your period your breasts get sore and swell. You get stomach cramps. Your mood can change, not really feeling up to drinking or parting because of that. And overall you bloat making me look like I have gained a few pounds. Now I could talk about toxic shock or water infections and why one must use the toilet regularly but I think it would go over your heads. So now that we have discussed my menstrual cycle in front of all of your friends I am going to bed, that is of course providing none of you have any more questions?"

As she looked around the circle I looked away, pretending I wasn't listening but I could almost feel her glare cutting into my skin. I kept my head low until I had heard her footsteps pace towards her tent and the zip hastily move upwards.

"Fuck sake Liam" I looked up at Jordan "I told you I should have just asked her."

What an absolute dick.