I want him dead.

As my foot hit the bottom step of the staircase alarm bells started ringing out loudly. A blue overhead light flashed continuously wreaking havoc with my senses.

Who raised the alarm?

Almost instantly a wave of fear ran through the schools interior and for once it wasn't just coming from me. Teachers ushered children inside classrooms, doors banging closed from every area and then echoing out into the hallways until all had become clear and silent besides the piercing ring of the intruder alarm.

The windows in the doors got covered by blackout blinds not allowing me to see the people inside. I had no idea where he was but I was so sure that I would find him. My desire for vengeance was too strong not to.

Things were darker upstairs, but my inner darkness was so black I felt like I was blindly walking through a war zone just to find my target. Everything was silent now beside a flashing light and I knew it wouldn't be long before the cops showed and found his body along with mine.

Soon it will be over and I will be free.

The doors here didn't have name tags on and I smiled cunningly to myself because he didn't get that honor. The gun was becoming heavy in my hand, desperate to lighten the load. But I held it with every ounce of strength that I had because it was my safety blanket. The only thing protecting me from getting hurt again.

As I walked past closed off classrooms down the geography corridor I clanged the metal spout of the gun against the wooden door only once. Making an assumption as to which one he could be hiding behind. I'll find him, even if I have to search through them all. I got halfway down the corridor when a voice halted me in my tracks.

"Liam?"

Fucking Jordan.

I spun around on the spot, piercing my eyes into her dangerously, needing to warn her away. The gun pointed directly at her, my finger hovering over the trigger. She looked at me deeply, her eyes forest green and searching. Always searching into my soul but right now seeing nothing but bleakness and fear.

"I told him to keep you away." The fear crippled my own voice, it's the first time I've heard myself speak in hours and it betrayed all of my confidence.

"And you thought that would stop me?" My gun pointed at her with a shaking hand but she didn't look at that, she looked at me. Not displaying any fear for the brutality that was about to come if she didn't leave me alone.

I said nothing, letting her soak in what was happening. Letting her realize that she was in danger and that I was out of control. I couldn't protect her, not when I was in this state. Not when he was so close by. She needed to leave. But instead she stepped forward.

"Liam-"

"Liv, don't." I stepped back instantly, tightening my grip around the gun like it was my only hope of making her disappear. She threw her hands up in defense but stopped taking steps forward. Only allowing her eyes to flick down at the gun briefly.

For that millisecond I saw the fear in her eyes and it broke my heart. I hated frightening her but it's what was needed, I didn't trust myself around her. She spoke to me through the connection of our eyes, they're powerful and have the ability to pull me back into reality. They draw me in closer, leave me always wanting more. The medicine to my break down.

"You going to point that thing at me forever?" I looked down at the gun, it was small, hardly seemed capable enough to hurt let alone kill. But it gave me the power that he stole from me. When you pointed a gun at a person they feared you, you could control them. Force them to do things they didn't want to do.