Epilouge pt 1

Three Years Later...

I sat at the graphite breakfast bar eating cereal for dinner and watching Jordan stress out about my wedding day. It was slightly amusing, if not borderline irritating at how seriously he was taking his best man role. I, on the other hand wasn't feeling nervous at all. It didn't matter to me if the suits didn't fit, or the flowers didn't look alive enough. I just needed my bride to be there and I was happy man.

"I'm coming to pick you up, you were meant to be here half an hour ago. I need you to try on your suit because if it doesn't fit it's not leaving us much time to get it to the tailor." He barked down the phone at Ben, I rolled my eyes and shoveled more cornflakes into my mouth. I watched him pace the kitchen frantically looking for his car keys, but I didn't think to mention that they were sitting in a small ceramic bowl right beside him.

"I'm going to pick Ben up." He said to us like the whole of the state didn't just hear him on the phone. He grabbed his keys and slipped on his jacket.

"Ben is a douche." Faith said with a giggle. I gave her a swift high-five.

"Liam! Would you stop teaching her those words, you're gonna get me into trouble." I rolled my eyes for the third time in under five minutes and filled my cheeks with more cornflakes. "Faith go upstairs, your mom wants to sort your hair out."

"But I want to stay with Liam." She complained.

"Now Faith." He said sternly, stressy Jordan was no fun. "I gotta go get Ben."

"Go get your hair done and then we'll escape this mad house and go get ice cream." I whispered only for her ears. She shot me a secretive smile and then jumped down from her seat and disappeared upstairs to where the girls were hiding out because apparently it's unlucky to see the bride before the wedding and somehow that got extended to the night before as well.

Without Jordan chatting in my ear the house fell quiet and I allowed myself to look around, feeling a warmth in my heart at how different my life is now. I picked up a photo of us on the day of our engagement, I had proposed almost two years ago on her birthday.

I planned a surprise party for her in her parents back garden, inviting only our closest friends and of course her parents. We draped the whole garden in twinkling fairy lights and I arranged a party planner to sort out a dance floor, fireworks, a bar and a catering service. Just before the fireworks I told Jordan to give her a gift from me and when she opened it there was a simple note inside a velvet covered box ′meet me in the tree house.′ I was waiting surrounded by candles and rose petals, just like our first date, except this time I had a diamond ring and question full of hope. I'd love to tell you the fireworks were worth the money I paid but I didn't get to see them because inside in the tree house, high above the party guests Liv and I made our own fireworks.

We decided to wait until we had both graduated before getting married, up until now we have been living in a small two bed house not far from Stanford campus. But last week we closed the deal on a bigger house, one where we can start a family and live our happily ever after. The downside, or upside - depending on the day is that our next door neighbor just so happens to be Jordan, Tia and Faith. He is on a mission to convince some of the other neighbors to move out so Zak and Ben can move in and then we will own the whole street but that is a whole different story and I'm not going to get into his crazy antics.

"Hey!" Zak called from the hallway.

"I'm in the kitchen." I called back.

He walked in and opened my fridge, helping himself to a leftover sandwich.

"If you haven't tried on your suit by the time Jordan gets back I'm pretty sure he will explode." I pointed out. Zak started stripping between bites.