Chapter Thirty

Madison
Monday, September 24th

My eyes watched him as he walked around with just a towel wrapped around his small waist and his hair damp from the shower. A few water drops glistened in the morning light against his smooth back as he passed by the windows. I just wanted to kiss each drop until I make my way to the nape of his neck. His skin would prickle with tiny goosebumps from the soft brushes of my lips. I could even sneak a hand around the front of his towel to unwind it from—

"Are you going?"

I blinked back into reality and scrambled for an answer as I just lied there in the bed with a lost look on my face. "To what?" I'm an idiot.

"The lunch, babe," he said and then chuckled as he approached me from across the room with his suit in hand. "Too busy daydreaming?" He bent toward me and his hands caged me in against the mattress while his face neared close to mine. The sun casted a ray of light across his face. I couldn't help myself as I stared into his pair of eyes. The light against them made them appear crystalline with a confetti of different shades of blues and greens. They could pass as opals I wished to wear.

My hand reached out to caress his freshly shaven face and his skin was so soft against my palm. His eyes continued to peer into mine with the gentlest smile resting on his lips.

"You make it a losing challenge to not fall, huh?" He said. "I've fucking face-planted at this point."

I giggled and grabbed a pillow to smack him over the head with. "You're being silly!"

He laughed as he tried to snatch the pillow away from me, but I smacked him with it again. "Hey, now! There is no need for an attack!"

"Well, then don't say things you don't mean!" I said and smacked him again, but this time he was able to get a good grip on the pillow and yanked it from my grasp. He tossed it off the bed so it would be impossible for me to get it back, but when he looked back at me that natural smile was replaced by a serious thin line. "I'm being serious, Madison."

My smile slowly faded before I was frowning in confusion. "What?"

"I'm in love with you, and I don't think you realize how much I'm in love with you."

I stared at him as my body filled with a plethora of feelings, but it was mostly panic. But this is what I've wanted! I've wanted him to tell me he loves me, but now here I am, a fucking panicked mess.

"You don't have to say it back. I know that's a lot to take in. But I just want you to know how I feel, okay?" His hand raised to allow his fingers to tuck my hair behind my right ear. "I'm in love with Madison Jane Quinn and I could never take that back."

I grinned but I physically could not say anything back, so I just stayed silent.

The man of my dreams has confessed his love for me and this is all I have to respond!? A fucking smile!? I want to say it back but my mouth is physically not allowing me to. I've clammed up. The moment I've waited for and I'm clammed!

"Kiss?"

I nodded and then he was leaning down to allow his lips to meet mine in a short but sweet kiss.

"Is it okay that I tell you I love you?" He asked.

I nodded again in response. 

"Because if it makes you uncomfortable, by all means, let me know!"

"I like it," was all that left my mouth. And what about 'I love you too'!? Because that would be a viable answer, dummy!

God, I'm ready but I'm not. He's so sweet. He wasn't hurt by the fact I didn't say it back, he was okay with it. Any other guy would have probably gotten upset. I have a lot of respect for this man. I'm a bit weird and dumb, but he's okay with that.