Chapter Eight

Madison
Monday, July 28th

"You're dating who!?" Her voice blared through the phone, and since we're on FaceTime, I can see the shocked look on her face.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. Emerson is going to make a big deal out of this and I know it. She'll go on and on about it until my ears bleed, constantly asking what we do and always texting me during dates to get the current details of what's happening. It's super annoying.

"My boss. I'm dating Louis," I said, checking myself out in the mirror. I tried to find a dress that wasn't too cheap but not too expensive either. I hate to be using Louis' money like it's my own, even though he forced his credit card on me. I know that if I bought something too cheap, he'd be disappointed, so I try to go for something that's in the middle. The dress I chose really isn't too bad.

I'm wearing a lavender floral midi-dress that is lace and backless with a pair of lavender heels to match. I also added pearl earrings and a necklace that had a gold chain and a single pearl hanging off of it to add to my outfit. The colors really accentuated my fair skin and brown eyes.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you're dating a billionaire! Do you know how lucky you are!? Imagine all of the luxurious things you can buy!" Emerson nearly screamed through the phone.

"Yeah, yeah," I waved it off because I really don't want to hear it. I'm not dating the man for his money. But shit, if Emerson could she would. "Just tell me how I look." I picked up the phone and switched the camera so it was on the mirror.

"You look great, but where'd you get the dress?" She asked.

I cleared my throat as I put the phone down. "Um...Louis bought it for me," I admitted. I am not telling her that he gave me his credit card. She would beg me to buy her something and make me feel bad for not doing so.

"Oohh, so Mr. CEO is a sugar daddy, huh?" She said and wiggled her brows.

I ignored her comment and made sure my hair wasn't a mess in the style that I put it in. I attempted to do a simple wrap-around ponytail, and honestly, it doesn't look too bad. My makeup is also simple, mascara and a dusty pink lipstick.

My phone made a sound, letting me know I had a text message. I grabbed my phone and switched to my messages, leaving Emerson on pause.

"You just did not pause me!" Emerson gasped.

"Hold on," I mumbled and noticed that Louis had texted me. "Louis texted me." I clicked on the message and my heart stopped. "He...He wants my address."

"So?" Emerson said like it wasn't that big of a deal.

"Emerson, I don't want him to see where I live! He'll probably vomit and drive away!" I began to panic. "Shit, what do I do?"

Emerson laughed. "Stop worrying and give him the address, Madison. What I've been told, he just might save you from the shit hole."

"Wow, thanks, Em," I grumbled and reluctantly sent him my address.

"Anyway, has he bought you anything else?" She asked.

"He bought me another dress for a party that I went to last Friday," I said.

"What!?" She exclaimed. "And you didn't tell me!? I'm actually offended."

"I'm sorry," I mumbled as I sat on my bed.

"Did anything happen that night? Did you guys get drunk and have sex? Tell me the details, Madi!" She nearly screamed at me.

"Okay, okay! No, we didn't get drunk," was all I said, not mentioning what we had done the morning after.