Chapter Fourteen

Madison
Tuesday, July 26th

I woke up, wrapped up in the clean, crisp sheets of Louis' bed, only wearing one of Louis' tee shirts. He wasn't kidding when he said we weren't finished last night. I rolled over to face Louis and realized that I had taken most of the blankets and he was only barely wrapped up in the end of the sheet. I made a small giggle but gave him some more of the sheets before I was cuddling up close to him. Accidentally waking him, he let out a yawn and sat up a little while I was still clung to him.

"Sorry to wake you. You just looked really comfy to cuddle," I said.

He hummed and closed his eyes. "I've got meetings today starting at noon," he said groggily.

"What time do you leave?" I asked. My fingers lightly ran across the soft bare skin of his abdomen.

He was silent for a moment before responding. "Ten."

I grabbed his hand and began to play with his fingers. His hands were a lot larger than mine. "I have baby hands," I said and pressed my hand against his to measure his against mine. His were larger and more masculine while mine were small and dainty.

"Nothing wrong with baby hands," he said, lacing his fingers between mine momentarily before pulling his hand away. "I love them."

"I guess so," I mumbled, looking at my tiny hands.

Louis sat up in the bed and rubbed his face with both his hands, probably trying to rub away the sleep. "I've got to get ready for work." He moved to get out of bed but I grabbed his arm and tugged him back. "Baby, I can't—"

"Lay here with me for just a few more minutes. Please?" I popped my bottom lip out in a pout and gave him begging eyes. He stared at me for a couple seconds before he sighed a 'baby' and got back in the bed. I made myself comfortable by snuggling impossibly close to him and allowed my head to rest on his shoulder and my hand draped over his toned abdomen. His arm wrapped around me and his hand rested on my shoulder. "You're really warm."

Louis' thumb rubbed softly against my shoulder.

"Can we go out tonight?" I asked, tilting my head up to look at the handsome man.

His head moved to look back down at me, his blue eyes searching mine for whatever. My hand absentmindedly came up to gently cup his cheek. His lips turned up into a soft smile. "You want to go out?" He asked.

I smiled and allowed my thumb to caress his cheek. "Yeah. I want to go out with you."

He hummed and placed his hand over mine on his cheek. He pulled my hand away and brought it up to his lips, pressing a feather-like kiss to the top of my hand. "Where would you like to go?" He asked after he released my hand.

"Maybe Brighton Beach," I suggested.

"The beach?"

"Yeah." I shrugged. "To like, walk and stuff. I think that would be a nice outing. I want to do more things with you."

His eyes were soft like the smile on his lips. "Okay. We'll go to Brighton, go to dinner, and then walk the beach."

"Okay, I'd like that," I said.

We went silent for a bit as his eyes scanned every inch of my face. I looked away from him and stared at the shut door. His eyes never left my face though, he just continued to stare. I could see him out of my peripheral vision.

"I've got to get prepared for work, babe," he said, his fingers combing through my hair. I felt like releasing a loud, annoyed groan because I really didn't want him to go. He felt so warm and comfy. But unfortunately, his job is a lot more important than staying in bed with me all day.