Chapter Three

Madison
Thursday, July 17th

"You have a good day, now!" My Lyft driver called to me as I rushed to grab my stuff from the backseat. It was pouring down raining, nearly soaking me completely as I yanked my belongings out of the car, slammed the door shut, and ran into the lobby of the building.

The receptionist gave me a small smile as I pressed the down button to order the elevator down. I waited patiently, dripping with water that started to freeze my warm skin. I honestly didn't know why I didn't bring a coat or something. I guess I just didn't think it would just pour down on the way here.

I finally got up to the penthouse and stepped inside. It was dark inside while the rain pounded on the windows and the balconies outside, the water sliding down the flat surface of the glass exterior of the building. I looked around in search of Louis because I knew he was suppose to be inside today, but I couldn't find him.

I quietly sat my supplies down beside me and walked toward the living room. I saw the end of a blanket draped over the side of the couch, so I peeked at the couch to find Louis sleeping on it, a blanket draped over his body all the way up to his shoulders. It was actually quite an adorable scene.

Smiling, I approached the man and lightly shook him awake. "Louis."

His eyes fluttered open, revealing the perfect blues of his eyes. My heart felt vulnerable to them as it pumped faster in my chest. He blinked his eyes up at me before they were focused on my face, his pupils dilating at the sight of me.

"I just want to let you know that I'm here," I said, smiling politely.

He hummed, sitting up on the couch, and his blanket dropped from his shoulders. My eyes nearly bugged out of my head at the sight of his bare chest. His skin was a golden tan and tattoos covered his arms and across his chest. He didn't have a six pack or anything, but he still looked amazingly fit. His tummy was taut, his waist was in a shape of an hour glass, and he had just enough chest hair on his chest. It wasn't an excessive amount but it wasn't sparse either.

Louis stood up, reaching his arms over his head to stretch his body from laying on the couch. "Damn, it's raining," he mumbled as he dropped his arms down to his side and peered across the room to look outside.

I nearly drooled when I noticed that he was wearing gray Adidas sweatpants that hung low on his hips and revealed a v-line. He's got to be showing off, I swear. He's probably doing this on purpose, isn't he?

"You look soaked."

I blinked away from his body and up at him. "Uhh..."

"The rain, love," he chuckled, noticing the look of confusion on my face.

"Yeah, I knew that," I murmured, my cheeks turning a bright pink. "I should start cleaning."

"I guess you should," he agreed, turning on his heel and heading for the kitchen. I had to force myself not to look at his fit, sculpted back and just went over to my supplies, grabbing a feather duster.

As I began dusting, Louis made himself a cup of tea and sat down on the couch, Clifford sitting by his feet. I felt his blue eyes following me as I dusted off the entertainment center. I then had to dust off the table in front of him, so I turned around and walked over to the table. Louis didn't care if I noticed him watching me because he just continued. I shyly dusted the table off as quickly as I could.

"How old are you again, darling?" Louis then asked out of the blue before I could escape his stare.

"Twenty-one, sir," I answered, swallowing hard when I finally allowed my eyes to meet his.