Chapter Nine

Madison
Tuesday, July 29th

I heard my alarm clock alerting me that it was five-thirty in the morning and that it was time for me to get up and make Louis some coffee before he heads off to work. I peeked over at Louis who was still fast asleep, not even bothered by the annoying tone of the alarm clock. I lied in the bed for a few minutes, staring up at the ceiling, thinking about everything that had happened last night. I couldn't help but wonder who that woman was that we met in the bathroom. Is she also another ex-girlfriend or a fling of some kind? She was so pretty and young, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I finally forced myself out of the bed and wandered out to the kitchen to begin brewing a pot of coffee. The image of the woman was still lingering in my brain, sparking a bit of jealousy within me. Who the hell was she? I bet you she was an ex-girlfriend. I'll even put money on it. You know what, I'm going to ask him when he comes out of his room. I don't understand why he didn't tell me who she was last night. He just kind of forgot about it like it didn't matter. Well, I don't know if it matters or not. She's so much prettier than me, so she has to be an ex.

When the clock eventually reached six, I walked by Louis' bedroom to check to see if he was up or not. I heard the shower running, so that meant he was up. I stepped into the bedroom and approached the shut door of the bathroom, giving a small knock at the wood and then cracking it open. "Louis, your coffee is ready. Just letting you know," I said.

"Alright, love. Thank you," he responded.

Before I could shut the door, Louis called out 'hey'. I opened the door back up and then the shower was shut off. "You mind handing me that towel that's sitting on the counter there?" He asked.

And oh. Okay.

I entered the bathroom and grabbed the towel from off the counter before turning towards the shower. It was see-through. My breath hitched when I caught sight of his lower-half and quickly flicked my eyes back up to his face.

Louis had a smirk. He reached out for the towel and I handed it over to him with a blush on my cheeks. "Thank you, darling," he said, taking the towel. "I didn't want to get the floor all wet just to get to it, so thank you for your assistance," and then he winked.

I nodded in response and quickly fled the bathroom.

•••

Louis entered the room wearing a very dapper suit and tie that clung to every curve of his body. He released a puff of air, almost like a sigh, and approached me. "Hey, baby," he said, kissing my forehead.

"Here's your coffee," I said, handing him a mug of hot coffee.

"You're literally the best, you know that?" He said, taking the mug from me.

I smiled up at him and watched as he walked into the living room to sit down. Suddenly, an image of the woman from last night flashed through my mind. "Um, Louis," I began, tucking my hair behind my ear. He hummed in response. "I have a question."

"And what's that, babe?" He responded.

"That woman from last night...who is she?" I asked.

Louis crossed one leg over the other and took a sip of his coffee. "Abrielle Laurent. She is the fiancée of one of my competitors, Bryce Farce. She's been trying to sleep with me for the past two tears now."

Oh.

"Wow, okay," I mumbled and awkwardly turned toward the coffee maker.

"But I don't lay down with sluts who have no backbone," he said.