Chapter Thirteen

Louis
Monday, July 25th

I felt like I was going to be sick. My nerves were through the damn roof and I felt like I was seconds away from canceling the meeting, but then I would look like a coward. Abrielle's ego would increase and I don't think I could possibly live with that fact.

I realized I had failed to put my tie on properly as my face turned into frustration in the mirror. I keep zoning out instead of focusing on this tie. I groaned and let the tie drape over my shoulders. Madison appeared behind me in the mirror before she was fitting herself between me and the mirror, grabbing my tie from my shoulders. It only took her a few seconds to tie it and tighten it up to my neck.

"Relax, Louis," she spoke softly and rubbed at my shoulders to comfort me. "I'm confident in you. Everything will be alright, okay?"

Although it wasn't much advice, her words still provided me enough comfort and eased my anxiety. She rubbed my arms and peered up into my eyes. "Your coffee is ready on the table." She stood up on her tiptoes to press her plush lips against mine and I instantly wrapped an arm around her waist.

I hummed against her lips, enjoying it just a little too much to the point I had to force myself away. "Thank you, darling." I turned around and grabbed my blazer and slipped it on. I felt little fingers on my back as she straightened the wrinkles out.

"Hurry up and get out the door before you're late," she said, patting my back.

I quickly grabbed my cellphone and wallet and tucked them in the front right pocket of my trousers. "Alright, I'm leaving, baby," I said as I turned around to face her and brought her in for one last kiss. "I'll see you when I get home."

"I'll be waiting," she said and smiled cutely.

"You're lucky I have an important meeting this morning or else I would be late for work just to ravish you," I said and sent her a wink.

She rolled her eyes and groaned. "Don't say things like that before you leave," she grumbled and crossed her arms over her chest with a pout playing on her tempting lips.

I chuckled as I walked towards the door. "I'll see you later, baby."

I left the penthouse and when the lift reached the lobby and the doors slid open, a black Range Rover was waiting outside the door for me. I rushed out of the front doors and a man opened up the backseat for me to jump into, and then the door was shut behind me once my entire body was in. Thankfully, traffic was normal, so the drive wasn't too terribly bad for New York traffic.

As soon as the vehicle pulled up to the front of the building, I was quick to jump out. I could see my assistant waiting for me at the front door with her daily planner pressed against her chest and a smile on her lips as I approached the front door. The moment I opened the door she was like a yappy dog bouncing at my feet.

"A big day today, sir!" She said too cheerfully for my liking.

"No need to remind me," I grumbled and passed right by her, but she followed close behind. I checked my watch and it was nearly eight in the morning. I'm actually on time.

"How was your morning? Did you eat enough? I had a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries on top and let me tell you, it was—"

"Cassandra, pipe down," I said and she went silent. "If it's not work related, I don't want to hear it. Update me on Ms. Laurent's arrival time."

"Mrs. Farce is waiting for you in your office, sir," she said.

My eyes blew wide and my feet stopped moving before I quickly turned to face my assistant. "She's already here!?" Panic was arising in my chest at a rapid pace.