Chapter Thirty-One

Madison
Monday, September 24th

I was scrambling about through our bedroom, shoving a good portion of my clothes into a suitcase. My mind was officially set on panic mode as Abrielle's threatening words repeated in my head like a broken record. She's going to kill me. That's her plan. She wants to kill me and she's set on making it happen. So there is no fucking way I'm going to sit here and be a still target for her!

"Madison?"

His voice made me quicken my pace in shoving clothes into my suitcase before he was entering the closet.

"Madison-"

I looked over my shoulder at him and the expression on his face made it clear he was confused and worried.

"What're you doing?" He approached me to find that I was filling a suitcase. "Why are you packing?"

"Because I'm going home."

Louis gripped my hand to stop me from grabbing ahold of the zipper to the suitcase. "Don't tell me you're running from Abrielle."

I huffed and snatched my hand away from him. "What else am I supposed to do? Let her kill me!?" He gripped me again but I only yanked away. "Would you stop touching me!?" I snapped.

"She's not going to kill you, Madison. So just relax and-"

I quickly whipped around and pointed a finger at him. "Don't you dare tell me to relax! That psycho bitch has it out for me now! Even more now that you had to open your damn mouth up about me! Why would talk about us to her!? She fucking hates me, Louis! I think the last fucking thing she wanted to hear was that you're in love with me!" I zipped up the suitcase and picked it up. "And you never took care of her when she sent her minions out after me, so I'm leaving! I am not safe here, especially around you." I pulled the suitcase out with me to the bathroom to grab toiletries.

"Madison, there wasn't much I could do!" He followed me into the bathroom. "I had no proof that she was involved in the whole thing a few nights ago!"

"Her cousin!" I said as I shoved my tooth brush down into the front pocket.

"That's still not enough proof, Madison!"

I unzipped the suitcase in order to shove my makeup bag in too, sort of struggling to fit it in from all of the clothes. "You know what!" I forced the suitcase shut and zipped it. "I'm just going to go. I'd rather let her have you then to get my throat sliced open for being with you. Maybe then you two could live that life she said you two talked about. So I'll just get out of the way of that." I sent him a sarcastic smile before shoving by him to leave the bathroom.

"Are you fucking serious right now!?" Louis shouted after me.

I whipped around to see him exiting the bathroom to follow. "You said that you never had a thing with her! That is clearly a lie!"

Louis scoffed.

"See!"

Rage was clearly boiling up inside of him just waiting to escape. His jaw was so tight I swore he was going to crush his teeth. "Abrielle and I never talked about a life together! Abrielle talked about a life together! There's a fucking difference!"

"Well, something tells me you crave her attention since you haven't gotten rid of her yet," I shot back and stood there with a hand on my hip.

"I have nothing on her to turn her in, Madison! What do you not understand!? I have no proof that she has done anything to you or me! I do now after this morning, but before then, there was not a damn thing I could do but try to avoid her! And second, I don't fucking 'crave' her attention! If anything, I dread it!"