Chapter Twelve

Madison
Saturday, July 23rd

Louis and I decided to start over, for his sake of course. He gave me a few day's off so we can both recuperate. Last Wednesday was just a mess. I learned so much about him, some things being kind of scary and concerning, but I think I'm past that now. He's trying to be a better man, a better version of himself. I totally get it. I screwed it up by letting everything Ida told me get to me. Louis was trying to forget that part of him and be a new version. I understand why he tried so hard to keep that information a secret, so I'm not mad at him for it. I'm more angry with myself than anything because I broke him down that night. But I also believe I had the right to be concerned, no doubt.

I was currently at my apartment, having spent the last few days in my cheap box. Louis has once again given me his credit card to buy a dress. What for? He planned a date for tonight at his penthouse. No fancy restaurants, just a simple dinner and a bottle of wine at home.

I was excited to see Louis, my body feeling sort of jittery as I smoothed out my navy blue dress that was a knee length tulle cocktail dress with a princess scoop neck and sequins at the bottom hem of the dress. I wore a pair of gold heels with it and gold jewelry. My hair was pulled back but with my bangs out front to frame my face. I decided to go a little more with my makeup than I usually do with a red lipstick, a brown Smokey eye, and a bit of blush on my cheeks. I was actually quite satisfied with the look.

I wonder if Louis is just as excited to see me? As soon as I see him I just want to cover his face in kisses. I miss his amazing voice and accent, his warm hands, his soft lips, and beautiful blue eyes. I honestly just needed to feel his embrace and hear his sweet voice in my ear.

My phone went off to tell me that my ride was here, so I grabbed my black clutch and left my apartment. I got in the Lyft, the driver being a younger man that looked quite close to my age. His green eyes viewed me in the rearview mirror before a smirk was playing on his lips. "Date tonight?" He asked.

"Yes, in fact I do," I said.

He hummed and nodded. "You look lovely."

"Thank you," I said, blushing slightly at his compliment. He's quite handsome, but Louis is handsome and sexy. The man is no match against Louis.

The vehicle finally stopped in front of the magnificent building that never fails to amaze me. I thanked the young man before stepping out of the car and shutting the door behind me, entering the building and receiving a few looks from the people in the lobby.

"You look lovely, Ms. Quinn," the receptionist said and she gave me a bright smile. "I'm sure Mr. Tomlinson is looking forward to seeing you."

My cheeks bloomed a bright red as I shyly looked down, tucking my loose bangs behind me ears and boarding the elevator. I opened up my clutch and fished out the key before shoving it into the keyhole and turning it until the small light lit up. The doors slid shut, hiding me from the staring eyes. I felt extremely ancy to see Louis. I could imagine him waiting by the elevator to greet me with a kiss before leading me into the dining room where the table is set with dinner and wine.

The doors slid open to an empty foyer and dimmed lighting, which had me stepping in and looking around with furrowed brows. I rounded the corner, my heels ripping through the silence and found Louis sitting on the couch with a glass of what appeared to be scotch.

"Louis?" I walked around the couch and he slowly looked up at me. His tie was undone and his hair was disheveled. He looked drunk. So much for a fresh start...

Louis sighed, seeing the look on my face.

"You're drunk?" I asked.

He didn't respond, just looked down at his glass of scotch before bringing it to his lips to softly sip at it. I sighed and set my purse down on the coffee table. I guess I can forget getting a kiss from him. "We were supposed to have a nice dinner tonight, Louis," I said and pouted.