SAVING ALABASTA - PART 2: TRAVELLING TO YUBA

Alabasta Saga - Alabasta Arc - Episode 97 - 103

DAKOTA'S POV:

We continue to walk across the desert heading for Yuba, with Luffy whining an hour into the walk, he finds a stick to help him walk, but he won't stop whining, making it worse for the rest of us. "Burning up... sweat won't even come out..."

"Quit moaning so much, Luffy. You'll only tire yourself out." Nami tries to stop him, but he just keeps whining. "Guess he's not listening."

"I can't go on..." Chopper starts moaning from his little sledge we made as he grew too hot on my shoulders, so Zoro drags him behind. "I can't take hot weather... I'm fine in cold weather, though..."

"It's 'cause of all that fur... you should take off that animal suit..." Usopp says, not thinking clearly due to the heat, angering Chopper.

"What was that, you jerk?!" Chopper yells, getting up and growing into his human form. "Don't make fun of reindeer!"

"Monster!" Usopp cries out in fear of Chopper as he towers over him.

"Chopper! Don't turn big! Or else I won't pull ya!" Zoro warns him, but it goes unheard as Chopper keeps scaring Usopp.

"Who're you calling a monster. Humongo-Nose?!" Chopper snaps at Usopp, who shakes in fear.

"D-don't be stupid! I-I'll have you know this nose-" Usopp starts, but Zoro walks over, squashing Chopper back.

"Just turn back already!" He snaps as he forces Chopper small again as we walk past.

"Man, watching them is making me even hotter," I complain as I walk with Ace past the three boys.

"You don't seem to be having a hard time, Vivi," Sanji comments as he walks by the Princess.

"I was born and raised here, so it doesn't bother me much." She replies.

"But what's with all these hills? I figured a desert would be more flat." Usopp complains as we keep going.

"This is a very old desert, so some sand dunes here are over 300 meters high." She informs him, I hope we don't run into any of those.

"Th-three hundred meters? No wonder this is like climbing mountains..." Usopp moans as he struggles to walk, even with the help of his stick.

"It's too much... it's so hot..." Luffy starts whining again.

"Just one drink, Luffy. Just one mouthful." Nami allows him, takes the hose, stuffs it into his mouth, and does his version of a mouthful as he inflates his cheeks with water, going overboard again as Nami and Usopp punch the back of his head, making him spit all over the water back out. "Don't drink so much!"

"Let me have some, too! That was 13 mouthfuls just now!" Usopp cries out.

"Hold on! You just had some! I'm next!" Sanji jumps in, and they start fighting, wasting energy.

"Stop fighting! You'll only waste strength!" Vivi warns them, but it won't stop them.

"But she started it!" Luffy cries out.

"It's your fault!" Nami cries out.

"Yeah! This is because of you!" Usopp yells.

"Shut up!" I snap, and they all stop fighting.

"Sorry, Dakota!" They all apologise, and we keep walking, needing to make some distance before it gets dark.

ONE PIECE - ALABASTA ARC