THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 1

East Blue Saga - Warship Island Arc - Episodes 54 - 55

Dakota's POV:

It's been two days since we escaped Loguetown with hopefully everything we need for the Grand Line, and the storm has for now blown over, but once we get closer to Reverse Mountain, it'll start up again. Everyone is outside now, enjoying the sun at the front of the ship, apart from Usopp. He's in the crow's nest on the lookout while I'm in the cabin at the top in the kitchen, along with the helm as I steer the ship though I can still hear the others. I pull at my sleeve of the navy blue floral short jumpsuit as it slips again, and I move some of my scarlet hair from my shoulder, falling down my back, still half up and down with a braid, keeping most of it out of my face.

 I pull at my sleeve of the navy blue floral short jumpsuit as it slips again, and I move some of my scarlet hair from my shoulder, falling down my back, still half up and down with a braid, keeping most of it out of my face

I keep thinking of our time in Loguetown and glad that we made it out of there, but I know Smoker, he won't let us get away. He'll catch up with us sooner or later, but for now, I'm glad we're heading for the Grand Line. "Nami! Aren't we at the Grand Line yet?" Luffy questions from his new favourite seat on the figurehead at the bow of the ship while Sanji stands in my sight, and I can see Zoro snoozing again on the railing and Nami looking at the map she stole from Buggy before Usopp; Sanji and I joined the crew.

"We just left Loguetown two days ago. It's gonna take a few more days to get there. Just be patient." Nami tells him, and I laugh under my breath at Luffy's antics as he gives her a big grin.

"Okay!" Luffy agrees with a laugh.

"What a beautiful day! It's like that storm never happened." Sanji comments, but he's looking at Nami, and I shake my head as I tilt the steering to the left slightly to keep on course.

"Hey! I can see a big flock of birds off to starboard!" Usopp shouts out; I move away and walk over to the window facing over the left side of the ship and see the flock of birds.

"Birds?" Luffy questions, looking up towards Usopp.

"Yeah, and in the water, I can sort of make out a pretty big... ah, I can't tell. What do you think? Maybe a fish?" Usopp calls down.

"Akuma-Akuma no Human-Demon Form: Eyes From Hell," I whisper and close my eyes, then open them as they shift into a yellow tone. I focus on the flock of birds and see a small rowboat half in the sea.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

"What on a rowboat?" I ask as I walk out of the cabin.

"Well, it does kinda look like a big fish..." Usopp replies as he tries to get a closer look, and I shrug my shoulders in response; I close my eyes, deactivating the cat's eyes.

"I hear that when sea birds flock over the ocean, it's usually because there's a school of fish around." Sanji comments, and I walk down the stairs and towards the bow.