THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 2

East Blue Saga - Warship Island Arc - Episodes 56 - 57

Dakota's POV:

Nami stands in shock, but I can't help but laugh as I watch my baby Brother try to wiggle out of the Millennium Dragon's mouth; I pull Luffy free from Grandpa Ryu's mouth, now covered in slime. "We need to head back to the others." I point out, and the others agree, "We'll be back soon, Grandpa Ryu." I whisper, taking Apis' hand in mine, leading us to the mouth of the cave. "Stay here with Grandpa Ryu, okay Apis?" I ask her, and she nods her head.

"I will be careful, Dakota." She says, and I nod before joining Luffy and Nami as we walk down the mountain the way we came.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

Once back at the cabin, Bokuden is still reciting the lengthy legend in his sleep, and everyone else is snoozing around. "Hey! Guys! You gotta see this! What happened?" Luffy exclaims as he jumps into the room and walks over to Usopp, snoring on the coffee table.

"Incredible. He's still talking." Nami complains, with her arms folded over her chest; I shake my head also in disbelief at the old man.

"Oi, you gotta hear this," Luffy says and pops Usopp's snot bubble, startling the Sniper awake with a yell.

"Okay, I'm up!" He yells to wake Zoro up, and I walk over to him, sitting in his lap as he wakes up.

"What? Morning already? Dakota!" Zoro says and does a double-take as he notices me on his lap, and I lie back over his lap as he stretches.

"Morning," I greet him; he looks down at me with a blush. I push my legs up into the air and roll back onto my knees next to Zoro, who seems even more flustered, and I look around the room to see Sanji with blood leaking from his nose, Usopp with a blush and even Nami though Luffy isn't looking my way. "What?" I ask, trying to figure out what the problem is.

"You just flashed us!" Nami scolds me, and I shrug my shoulders with a giggle.

"Hope you enjoyed the show." I laugh, getting to my feet when the door swings open, revealing a very flustered villager breathing heavily in the doorway.

"B-Big trouble!" He yells as he steps inside. "Bokuden-san! Where's Apis!?"

"What's wrong?" I ask him, getting to my feet.

"You're a Pirate, right? There's a Marine fleet anchoring in the bay right now!" He informs us and it's not good for us

"They couldn't be... still, after Apis?" Nami wonders, and we all know it's the only option for the Marines to return to the island.

"What is with this kid?" Usopp complains.

"Hey, everyone come with me!" Nami orders us, and Sanji jumps to his feet quickly.

"Yes, Nami-san!" Sanji swoons for her.

"Why?" Luffy asks.

"Just come on!" Nami snaps at him.

"What about Gramps over there?" Zoro asks, gesturing over to the snoozing elder.

"Um... we'll let him rest here for now. Hey, if Bokuden-san wakes up, tell him this: 'we're going to protect Apis.'" I tell him as I walk over to Nami.

"O-Okay." He agrees, and we leave out the back of the cabin.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC