THE BEGINNING OF THE SHOWDOWN: THE STRAW HAT PIRATES VS THE ARLONG PIRATES

East Blue Saga - Arlong Park Arc - Episodes 38 - 39

3rd POV:

"Move," Luffy orders them as they get closer to the crowd, they part in the middle letting the five walk through towards the gate, and Johnny and Yosaku split as Luffy begins punching his way through the stone gate. The stone gate gives way and falls to pieces on the ground around them as debris floats and soon fades away, revealing Luffy to the Fishmen.

"What the...?" Arlong gapes down at Luffy as he straightens up with his fist raised and ready.

"Which one's Arlong?" He asks, ready for a fight.

ONE PIECE - ARLONG PARK ARC

"Arlong? Arlong would be my name." Said Fishman answers from his throne, not even looking at Luffy as he walks towards him.

"I'm Luffy." He introduces himself.

"Luffy? And who are you?" Arlong asks him, confused about why he's here.

"A pirate," Luffy answers shortly, and Hachi, along with Chew and Kuroobi, looks at him, seeming familiar to the three Fishmen.

"Oh! It's him! He's here! The pirate who likes to take walks!" Hachi exclaims in disbelief at seeing Luffy, but they don't spot Dakota yet.

"Not so fast there, you."

"Where do you think you're going?"

"You got some explaining to do to us first." Some Fishmen say as Luffy walks towards them, and they block his path.

"C'mon, hey..."

"If you don't stop..." More try to stop Luffy, but he stretches his arms and hits their heads together, knocking them to the ground.

"Out of the way!" Luffy shouts as they fall to the ground, shocks the other Fishmen, and ticks Arlong off.

"And what does a pirate want with me?" Arlong asks him, but as his response, he stops in his tracks and grabs his wrist, pulling it back in a crouch and launches his fist into Arlong's face. The punch's force knocks Arlong out of his throne, and he tumbles away to the other side of the compound wall; he hits it hard with the stone wall breaking with debris floating around. The Fishmen all gawk in shock at their leader being thrown around so quickly, along with some of the villagers; Luffy stretches, getting ready for the fight as the debris fades away to reveal an angry Arlong in a hole in the stone wall. "Who the hell are you?" Arlong demands, looking at Luffy as he breathes through his nose, heavily recalling Nami's state before he left.

"DON'T YOU DARE MAKE MY NAVIGATOR CRY!" Luffy screams at him, and two Fishmen in the water entrance jump out.

"You bastard! How dare you hit Arlong!" They scream as they go to attack Luffy, but Sanji steps in to protect his Captain with a series of kicks, knocking them back.

"You weaklings, stay out of this!" Sanji warns them as they fly and walks over to stand next to Luffy. "Honestly... bursting in alone like that..."

"It's not like I'm going to lose even if I was alone," Luffy replies, not even looking at Sanji or saying thank you.

"Idiot." Sanji snaps at him, leaning over to his ear. "Since did I say I was worried about you? I'm just telling you not to hog all of the prey."

"Oh, okay." Luffy replies, and Usopp walks over to them from the hole in the wall, with the villagers watching as Dakota and Zoro walk behind him to make sure he doesn't turn back around.