OUR RED-HAIRED ASSASSIN

East Blue Saga - Baratie Arc - Episode 19

DAKOTA'S POV:

Out in the waters near the last island, Luffy decides to celebrate. "To our new ship and new friends!" He cheers as we clash our mugs of alcohol together in our little circle.

"Cheers!" We all exclaim, smiling, but it soon sobers up as Zoro looks at me suspiciously.

"Who are you anyway?" He asks me, looking me dead in the eye, and the other two do the same as I just smile, gulping down my beer, then put my mug down and look at them, smirking.

"Why I'm-"

"-Luffy's Older Sister, Dakota." I beam as I smile at them, seeing the shock on their faces, but Luffy just laughs as my smile turns into a smirk. "My full name is Dakota Le Roux," I add, and they seem to see the difference in appearance and name. Man, were they slow?

"Yeah, Dakota's my Big Sister; we grew up together after her Dad and his crew came to visit my village," Luffy tells them, giggling as he smacks his thighs and laughs.

"Wait! Who is your Father?" Usopp asks her, looking at her bright red hair.

"Red-Haired Shanks, of course. Can't you tell from the awesome hair?" I jest, looking at him and seeing the shock on the other's faces as the information sinks in. Thinking about that, it was so long ago when my Dad and I visited Dawn Island and met Luffy.

BARATIE ARC

12 years ago, I was with my Father, Shanks, sailing the seas with him and his crew on my parent's ship, the Red Force, when Dad decided to go to the East Blue. He called it a holiday, but to me, every day felt like one, but "what the Captain wants, he gets", as Uncle Benn always tells me. I wasn't small at 10 years old, but that didn't mean my Dad wasn't overprotective of me ever since my Mother was murdered on our ship seven years ago. Dad was super overprotective, meaning guards outside my bedroom every night, and there always had to be someone with me if I was anywhere on the ship if I wasn't with my Dad. Even as he walked in front of me as we left the vessel, Dad would stop every ten seconds before glancing swiftly to his left and right. My Uncles and Aunts would just sigh in annoyance behind us as Dad did this, but once we got to the bottom of the dock, he used his cloak as a shield as he hugged me to his chest for, as Dad said, "protection from the unknown", but I knew he meant boys or enemies like Marines.

BARATIE ARC

We, as always, were inside a bar called PARTY'S BAR, and nearly a year later, we were still there enjoying ourselves. I had met Luffy, a whiny (at the time) 6 now a seven-year-old boy with jet black hair who stayed in the village and always hung out at the bar with the owner Makino. She was a beautiful green-haired woman who was a fantastic cook, and Dad seemed smitten with her, which I knew he felt guilty about because of me and Mum.

BARATIE ARC

One day, Luffy had been complaining again about coming out to sea with Dad and his crew and was talking about how tough he was, which was rubbish as he was a big old crybaby back then. Our family were all on the ship watching Luffy as he stood on the figurehead with a dagger in his hand while giving a declaration again. "Hey, Luffy! What are you trying to do?!" Dad asked him.

"I'm really serious!" Luffy shouted down at us as he raised the dagger into the air. "I'm so pissed! I'm gonna prove it to you!" But Dad wasn't taking it seriously like always and just laughed at him while the rest of us watched.