SHOWDOWN: THE STRAW HAT PIRATES VS THE ARLONG PIRATES - PART TWO

East Blue Saga - Arlong Park Arc - Episodes 41 - 43

Dakota's POV:

I look over my shoulder at Nami as she stands with the villagers in shock, but she seems serious about what she's saying, and I smile before turning to look back at Arlong. "Here to... kill me?" He repeats slowly, then barks with laughter but stops looking at Nami. "You still haven't given up. How many times have you tried to kill me these past eight years? Murder, poison, assault. Has it ever worked? You should know better than anyone else, that we can't be killed by you humans so easily. Listen, you can never kill me. And you can never run away from me, Nami. You'll remain as my cartographer. Besides, you know I've been good to you. I really hope that you'll continue the map-making if possible." Arlong asks her, and I narrow my eyes at him, knowing he's messing with Nami's head; he looks at her and points over at her. "So, how does this sound? Because of what's happened, normally, I'd kill all of these people except you. But, if you make a decision now to return to the Arlong Pirates and continue to draw maps for me... I'll spare the people of Cocoyashi." He points down at them, and I can feel them all tense up, along with Nami. "But these guys won't be spared. They were too foolish." Arlong kicks Sanji to the side as he lies at our feet; I glare at the Fishman for his act. "So, it's your choice. If you choose me, the people of your village will be safe. Or you could choose to fight against me with these fools. But these guys you hope to count on are in such bad shape right now... I don't think there's any way to avoid this ending in tragedy. Are you my Nakama, or... are you theirs?" Arlong asks Nami, and I clench my fists, feeling my nails dig into my palm.

"You bastard! No matter what you say, you just want to keep her!" The villagers shout in protest and rage at the large Fishman.

"Everyone, I'm sorry! Will you die with me?" Nami asks them, and I smile at her bravery, and the villagers all shout their agreement.

"So, you wish to be slaughtered," Arlong mutters, and suddenly a fountain of water springs up past the wall, and I know already that it's the goofball; this gains all our attention. "What's that?"

"There he is... all that's left is for me to take care of the block on his feet." Sanji mumbles and I look behind me as I see them moving about to stand.

"What? I get it now." Zoro mutters.

"Big bro Luffy!" Yosaku and Johnny cheer by Nami, and they look over with the rest of us at the wall Luffy is hiding. I smirk and hear the clank of a sword hitting the concrete and look at Zoro along with Sanji.

"Thirty seconds. I can't hold on any longer than that." Zoro warns Sanji and puts his sword handle in his mouth, and I see he's got my swords, and I look over at the Bounty Hunters with a bit of glare.

"That's more than enough!" Sanji shouts before diving into the water, and I look down, helping Zoro to his feet.

"I guess I can let you borrow my swords for a little while." I jest, and he looks at me but seems to be looking at my exposed chest with a slight blush. I love to make him blush. I look over at Arlong as he steps towards the water, but Zoro slices his upper cheek as a warning before I can tag in; someone tugs on my hair, and the same Fishmen surround me. I grin as I look at their smirking faces, and I headbutt the one in front of me; he goes down, and I kick the guy to my side in the head, which knocks him down; I see his pal on my left, and roundhouse kicks him in the side of the head and knock him down. The next one comes at me, and I kick him up the jaw, and he goes back; they don't stay down, looking angrier than before.