SAVING ALABASTA - PART 4: STOP OPERATION UTOPIA

Alabasta Saga - Alabasta Arc - Episode 111 - 127

DAKOTA'S POV:

"Vivi, what's wrong?" Usopp asks the Princess.

"There's a sandstorm over towards Rainbase! It's him!" Vivi announces, and I look up to see the large storm where we left Luffy; I cling onto my desert robes to stop myself from interfering with Luffy's fight with Crocodile.

"Luffy..." Nami mutters, and I look back down into my lap.

"He'll be okay, Kota," Zoro assures me, using the nickname he gave me, and I nod.

"I know, but I'm scared to lose anyone else; I can't, not anymore," I tell him in a hushed tone, but I know he heard me as he places his sizeable manly hand on my head, and I feel my cheeks grow warm.

"I know," I hear him whisper back.

ONE PIECE - ALABASTA ARC

I fall back as Zoro moves away; I look over to see him and Sanji leaning towards each other in a heated argument at a time like this; I sit up, growing annoyed. "You wanna go at it?!" They snap at each other, and Nami wallops over their heads, knocking them down.

"Cut it out! This is pointless!" Nami snaps at them.

"Take it easy, everyone. Luffy won't lose. I mean we promised him, didn't we? That we'd be waiting for him in Alubarna?" Vivi asks us, looking as worried as the rest of us.

"You seem more worried than any of us, don't you?!" Usopp questions, and then Nami taps her on the forehead.

"You should just worry about the rebellion," Nami tells her as the Princess rubs her forehead, and the boys get up from Nami's hit.

"Sorry about that, Vivi." Sanji apologises.

"If you have to cover for us, we're done for." Zoro comments, looking grim.

"All right, then, switch your minds over to 'Alubarna'! Let's go, Scissors!" Nami orders the crab, and it picks up speed.

"What's that?" Usopp asks her.

"A name for the crab," Nami tells him.

"You made that up!" Usopp snaps.

"No good?" Nami asks him, giving him a glare.

"Nothing wrong with it." He replies, cowering away from her mean glare.

"What a baby." I tease him, and he looks over at me as I say it loud enough.

"Hey!" He complains, and the sun finally sets behind the sand dunes, and the night sky takes over as we grow closer to the Sandora River. "What?! We can't cross the river with this crab?!"

"Moving Crabs are creatures of the desert, so they don't take to water," Vivi explains.

"But it's a crab, right? A crab! Not a lobster! Do something! Hey, this is a problem. Not good. Look here." He says and gets out the map, pointing at the river that splits the island. "If we just blithely swim across this river, as wide as a sea, we're not going to make it in time! And look! After we cross the river, there's still dozens of kilometres worth of desert! If this crab can't get to the other shore, are we supposed to run from there on?!" He asks, and he's got a point and what about Chopper and me?

"We don't have a choice." Nami points out.

"There's no way we'll make it in time! It's absolutely impossible!" Usopp exclaims.