SHOWDOWN: THE STRAW HAT PIRATES VS THE ARLONG PIRATES - PART ONE

East Blue Saga - Arlong Park Arc - Episode 40

Dakota's POV:

"What do you think? Interesting game, isn't it? We'll see how long that Rubberman can last. Or will you guys die before he does?" Arlong asks and chuckles as his fish minions circle around me, ready for a fight.

"I'll beat this jerks ass real quick! Then, I'll save you, Luffy!" Zoro shouts as he runs at Hachi, and he goes for another jet of ink at Zoro, but he dodges. I don't see the rest as one of the Fishmen swings at me, but I grab a hold and swing him over my shoulder after kicking him in the chest, and he falls onto his back, winded. I turn to the other three as they stare at their fallen friend, and another comes for a fight, but the one I knocked down comes behind me and grabs me around my chest. I struggle in his grip and swing my leg up, kicking him in the head, and he lets go, and I lean forward and grab hold of the swords at my hips.

I notice Zoro stagger in his step, standing still, with his sword clutched in his hands as sweat beads down his forehead, and he soon falls to the ground face first with heavy breathing as he lies there. I go to move, but the Fishmen cut me off as all I can do is try to save either Luffy or Zoro is get through these Fishmen, but even then, I can only save one. I see a blonde shape fly past my vision into the far wall behind me and through it. Creating a hole, I look over to see that it is Sanji, but I have my own troubles as I try to get towards Zoro to help, forgetting about the Fishmen. I feel a piercing pain in my abdomen, and I look down to see one of the Fishmen with a sharp sword in his hand, and the pointy end is in my stomach. I look up at him in shock as he pulls it out, and they all laugh as my knees buckle under me, and I fall face-first onto the concrete, and I hear the sounds of Arlong giving a chuckle and sounds of panic from Yosaku and Johnny along with the villagers before blacking out.

3rd POV:

Of the five pirates who went against Arlong, three lie on the ground with injuries, one drowning, and only one left, running for his life with a Fishman not far behind him. Luffy struggles to breathe underwater as Nojiko and Genzo sneak off to save him. Zoro lies on the ground in pain from his chest wound by Mihawk. Sanji lies facing the sky unconscious, thanks to Kuroobi's killer punch. Usopp is running for his life with Chew chasing him in the countryside. Dakota is slowly bleeding to death as the Fishmen watch sadistically. "It's over now, Arlong-san. What should we do with Roronoa Zoro and the girl?" Kuroobi asks as they stand, looking at the injured pirates.

"Toss their asses into the sea." Arlong answers. "How pathetic... how boring..."

"Nyu? It's over?" Hachi asks, confused as he holds his six swords and looks around.

"But they really did make a mess around here..." Kuroobi complains as he looks around at the compound to see his fellow Fishmen lying around, either dead or unconscious, with pieces of the walls crumbling everywhere along with the ground and buildings.

"That's no big deal. It's alright as long as Arlong Park still stands." Arlong says, and Kuroobi agrees with his statement.

"You bastard! Roronoa Zoro! He was scared to death before I got to show my skills! I would've been so famous if you had fallen by my blades! Well, it doesn't matter. Humans still can't compete against me and my wonderful, amazing six-sword style! You can't touch me!" Hachi shouts and moves his swords around, creating a vortex that lifts the debris of the short fight flying into the strong wind the Fishman creates. The villagers and Bounty Hunters watch this with fear as it grows higher and more debris swirls around in the strong wind.