BONDING, TROUBLE & THE BARATIE

East Blue Saga - Baratie Arc - Episode 19 - 20

Dakota's POV:

We are sailing out in the sea, I know it's obvious, but anyway, we are all doing our own thing on the small ship as Zoro is snoozing again, Nami is reading over some maps, Usopp is staring out into the ocean in his own little world, and Luffy is goofing off. I was playing with my red cards in just a yellow bikini top and denim shorts showing off my tattoo of roses on my right shoulder and hiding my compass tattoo on my ribcage. I got them a few years back as a tribute to my mother and brother, as they were her favourite. I also wear my favourite black trilby hat with my red, yellow, blue and white beaded bracelets on my left arm that are symbols of my brothers and mine's relationship. I start playing solitaire when Usopp begins talking to himself. "Foolish Pirates... you still dare to attack the Going Merry knowing it's led by the great Captain Usopp?!" He jumps down behind me, swinging the wooden stick he found earlier; the slight breeze of his swings moves my playing cards around, ruining my game! "A violent battle ensues!" He comes out of his delusion and sees the rest of us not paying him any mind, and Zoro gives off a loud yawn. "Hey, can't you guys... pay some attention to people?"

"IT'S DONE!" Luffy explains, startling Usopp as he jumps up behind him, holding a square piece of black cloth

"IT'S DONE!" Luffy explains, startling Usopp as he jumps up behind him, holding a square piece of black cloth. Luffy turns around, holding the black fabric showing a terrible pirate flag attempt, but he smiles, seeming pleased with himself. "Look, it's our pirate flag! After Usopp and Sis joined us, we now have five people. So we need our own mark." We all look at our so-called mark with mixed feelings that are all bad.

"That is... our mark?" Zoro asks Luffy, who grins broadly, not seeming fazed by the terrible attempt.

"What do you think? Nice isn't it?" Luffy asks us, still giving us all a big grin.

"A pirate's flag is a symbol of death and terror," Zoro explains the meaning of a pirate flag.

"I do feel the terror, but it's the terror of your talent," Nami adds; I know it won't hurt Luffy's feelings, but I don't like what she said, but still, she isn't wrong.

"Small children would just run off laughing," I add, too, looking at the poor excuse of our pirate flag.

"You should have discussed it with me first. How can you forget this genius painter?" Usopp pretends to scold us, smiling slightly and almost seems over-proud of his abilities.

"Genius painter?" Luffy questions as we all look at the long nose boy.

"I've had 50 years of experience painting on walls. When it comes to painting, no one does it better than me." Usopp boasts. We'll see about that.

"Incredible, 50 years!" Luffy buys into the lie quickly due to being overly gullible

"That means... you are an old man!" Zoro mocks him.