Audition

(Haley's Voiceover):
"My name is Haley Aldrin and this is my sophomore year at Mckinley High School. I struggle with anxiety and depression. It is very difficult to not feel like a burden and to feel alone. Not too mention, never feeling loved truly...Oh god, I am rambling. To sum it up short, the list of struggles and reasonable explanations goes on . The only thing that has not made my life miserable here is the Glee Club. Although we lost Regionals, I have gained a few close friends, and a true second family away from my terribly dysfunctional family at home. Well sophomore year, you better be worth it."
--
Haley Aldrin took a deep breath as she walked slowly down the hallway to meet up with Santana, Quinn and Brittany, only to see JBI approaching.

"Please kill me now I beg you." she whispered to the other three, only to be returned with a giggle from Quinn, a sarcastic remark from Santana and a confused and an innocent but naive response from Brittany.

"Quinn Fabray." He said, shoving the microphone in her face. "How has life changed since the birth of your bastard child?"

"Well, I'm happy to be back, and I'm ready to start fresh. And...I'm a lot less hormonal, so..."

As the camera drifted from her to Santana who lacked complete disinterest while filing her nails. Quinn quickly observed this and turned the camera back to her. "So there's not really any crying."

Ignoring Quinn, and unbeknownst to her annoying sigh, Jacob turned the camera towards Santana who was quick to scoff and roll her eyes, while moving the camera to focus on her face. "My eyes are up here, JewFro." "And it was uneventful."

Brittany was quick to add in. "People thought I went on vacation, but I actually spent the summer lost in the sewers." she said, as the other three turned to look at her with confused but adoring facial expressions. Haley quietly giggled at the blonde's innocence and naive but gentle response.
——-
Haley discreetly said goodbye to the girls, and attempted to take off down the hallway, knowing JBI would be after her next.

Unfortunately, he saw her leave and ran after her.

"Is it true you are a burden to everyone?" he asked.

"That depends." she responded, slightly rolling her eyes and feeling humiliated. "Seriously do you not respect our privacy and space?" she asked.

Ignoring her question, he continued to pester her with questions, as she continued to walk and ignore him, finally losing track of him.

Not looking where she was going, Haley walked straight into someone very tall and quite strong.

After the person helped her up, Haley looked up to meet a very handsome boy. She swore she felt herself blush and quickly looked away. She then turned back towards him.

"I am so sorry. I was not looking where I was going because that stupid JBI kid was chasing after me." She continued to ramble, playing with her hands, until he stopped her.

"It's okay. I could guess that you were either running away from someone or something, or you were urgently in a need to get somewhere."

"Well, you guessed precisely. I'm Haley by the way, Haley Aldrin." she reached her hand out towards him.

"I'm Sam, Sam Evans,'' he replied, putting on an impression, which she did not recognize. He returned the gesture by shaking her hand.

"Well, Sam Evans, I have to get to class now but I will hopefully see you around." Haley replied with a smile, trying to hide the fact she was blushing.

"Yeah definitely. I hope so too." Sam replied with a smile as they each went their separate ways.

Unbeknownst to her, she didn't see him turn around to take one last glance at her.
------
The New Directions were getting ready to perform a song in the courtyard and frankly, Haley couldn't be more nervous, while she anxiously pulled and played with her hands, bouncing her left knee up and down.